Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintas part 1
Part 1 is pretty short. Made a day trip over on the Whitney side to have a picnic with my wife's parents. It was the 8th. Not to crowed. Whitney was pretty full. Nice to see. Lake must have been stocked in prep for Free Fishing day as we caught all kinds of small Tigers on any metal we threw out. No size but I watched a few tubes and yaks get a few better fish. Good spot to take the kids. Bugs were not bad - yet.

Couple photos of dem monsters below...

Part 2. We are pulling the RV up for the week. Will make an attempt to hit Whiskey and Burbon  ( the lakes - not the bottle - i feel pretty adventurous these days swiging ginger ale)  and a few creeks. Maybe pan some gold, too. Might try a video. Trying to get the Wookie, a few more adventures before his hips give up. That is my German Shepard, not my bride. My bride will tell you her hips already gave out. Somthing to do with child bearing - and putting up with me.

Anywho stay tuned. And keep a chain handy in case I need to be pulled out. 

[Image: 20220608-124502.jpg]

[Image: 20220608-131525.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Looks like a fun trip, bet it is snowy and cold up there today. One of these days I'd love to make the drive up there and learn how to pan for gold, it looks like fun.
How are the skeeters??
Awesome! Sounds fun up there!
(06-21-2022, 06:24 PM)Panchodog Wrote: How are the skeeters??

Just came back from a week longish trip in that area - getting a bit buggier but still not bad. Pretty soon the der/horse flies will join in the fun, but did not see much sign of them yet
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-25-2022, 11:45 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 06:24 PM)Panchodog Wrote: How are the skeeters??

Just came back from a week longish trip in that area - getting a bit buggier but still not bad. Pretty soon the der/horse flies will join in the fun, but did not see much sign of them yet
Cowboy,
I happen to head up the north end of Utah for what is called WB Hunting.
I have been blessed to have the resources to obtain an antlerless Deer tag and the trespass permission to take guys/gals that need a little help to kill a doe Deer.
I will be the guide and my resources will cover everything except processing the animal.
My question to you:
Is this something Buckwheat would be interested in?
Buckwheat would need to have a Hunters Safety card.
Yours and his thoughts?