Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Water Level Update
I have been watching Yuba Reservoir levels, wondering "how low can she go".  Attached is a chart of the last 3 years, which shows levels have dropped 5-10 feet each year.  The level is currently 20 feet lower than 2 years again at this same time.  Yuba State Park says the reservoir is at 18% and that Painted Rocks ramp is closed.  Oasis is open.

Last year, DWR increased limits in May when Yuba was 12 feet higher than the current height.  Looks like they have been stocking very few fish (5,000 tiger muskies is all for 2022).  Hoping to get back down there on my canoe and see if I can catch any survivors.

[Image: Yuba-Last-3-Years.jpg]

jack of all tackle, master of none
I'm heading down the 8th-10th a few wiper or walleye want to get cooked and get out of what's soon to be a puddle
Thanks for the update. I need to fish there again someday ad I have had no luck there yet.
Its been about 4 years since I've gotten into a pike down there. But the walleye and wiper have been doing well, also some channel cats, smallmouth and rainbows... if you've got a kid that wants to catch fish and don't care what kind a little bread will slay the carp down there.
[Image: 20200525-113956.jpg]

[Image: 65210.jpg]

[Image: FB-IMG-1466527017558.jpg]

[Image: FB-IMG-1466527042341.jpg]

[Image: FB-IMG-1466527136508.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20170127-161101.jpg]
(06-23-2022, 06:27 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Its been about 4 years since I've gotten into a pike down there. But the walleye and wiper have been doing well, also some channel cats, smallmouth and rainbows... if you've got a kid that wants to catch fish and don't care what kind a little bread will slay the carp down there.

Yeah, last year I had quite a canoe rodeo with a couple of big carp on.  Still hoping for a pike or walleye, but so far have pulled wipers, cats, carp, and smallmouth out of there.  Good luck on your trip down there in July and look forward to hearing how you do.

jack of all tackle, master of none