Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Krome at Strawberry 6/23
Had a great fishing experience with my oldest kid and Obifishkanobi. Got on the water a little after 6am. First few fish were cutthroat trout and in the slot. Then the first Kokanee was boated by Evan followed shortly by a keeper rainbow. Fishing was slow and we weren’t certain of a limit of kokes. Then the big one hit 3lb 3.8oz. I had the pleasure of fighting that one. Picked up several cutts and 2 more kokes before moving spots. We got to the new spot and had a cutthroat almost immediately after putting lines in. A moment later we got a Kokanee on and while reeling it in two other rods started to bounce. A triple hook up on Kokanee. We ended the day with 7 kokes and a rainbow to take home. I have 6.9 lbs of fish for the smoker!

[Image: 0766-FEDB-29-A5-461-D-BEC7-28-F325-F5-AA79.jpg]

[Image: 3067-FD2-A-1-FDD-45-BB-ADEE-2-B0-ABE7-EAB1-B.jpg]

[Image: 70-E89481-BC38-43-DD-BCD6-F96342685-E23.jpg]

[Image: E04-C8-C4-A-DCE9-43-D4-BFA6-1-BAE8-C3-CD41-C.jpg]
Good day Jim.  Those kokes are very nice! Congrats!
Thanks Paul, yes it was a great day to be out. Beautiful weather and good fishing is hard to beat.
It was great fishing with you guys, I went back out in the late afternoon and got my limit made more challenging because I dropped my net in the lake and had to swing in 2 pound kokes.
Good job all, glad to hear it was a successful outing
(06-25-2022, 02:10 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: It was great fishing with you guys, I went back out in the late afternoon and got my limit made more challenging because I dropped my net in the lake and had to swing in 2 pound kokes.

Glad you were able to pick up another limit! Sorry to hear about your net, hopefully you are successful the rest of the weekend.

(06-25-2022, 02:28 AM)2knots Wrote: Good job all, glad to hear it was a successful outing

Thank you, we had a great time out there.