Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine Launch Conditions?
How high is the water level at Porcupine?
Is it safe to launce a 19" deep V boat at the top?
Heading out in the morning and hope it will be safe to launce.
Thanks for your help.
Lake was spilling about a month ago, so it was full then I haven’t been up to it sense but I doubt it’s down much with all the rain we’ve been getting up here at the south end of the cache valley
(06-26-2022, 02:46 AM)2knots Wrote: Lake was spilling about a month ago, so it was full then I haven’t been up to it sense but I doubt it’s down much with all the rain we’ve been getting up here at the south end of the cache valley

Thank you 2knots.
We spent the day on Porcupine today.
The upper launch was just fine. 
The reservoir is very full.

Fishing was slow due to a lot of wind but when we saw fish on the finder, we would usually get one or two bites.
We lost way more than we boated because my son brought his daughter up with us and she was on the rods most of the time.
It was only her second time fishing for Kokes.

Brought home enough for a good meal and the others will only get bigger as we left them to grow.

It was a very fun day on the water with some of my favorite people.
(06-27-2022, 01:04 AM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote:
(06-26-2022, 02:46 AM)2knots Wrote: Lake was spilling about a month ago, so it was full then I haven’t been up to it sense but I doubt it’s down much with all the rain we’ve been getting up here at the south end of the cache valley

Thank you 2knots.
We spent the day on Porcupine today.
The upper launch was just fine. 
The reservoir is very full.

Fishing was slow due to a lot of wind but when we saw fish on the finder, we would usually get one or two bites.
We lost way more than we boated because my son brought his daughter up with us and she was on the rods most of the time.
It was only her second time fishing for Kokes.

Brought home enough for a good meal and the others will only get bigger as we left them to grow.

It was a very fun day on the water with some of my favorite people.

Thanks for the report Dale, anything over 11 inches?
Most were 11" to 12" with one a bit bigger.
We also boated two nice Browns that were about 16".

Lost a lot with no idea of their size.
Of course they had to be the biggest of the day, right?  Smile
Glad you had a good day up there
(06-27-2022, 01:51 AM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: Most were 11" to 12" with one a bit bigger.
We also boated two nice Browns that were about 16".

Lost a lot with no idea of their size.
Of course they had to be the biggest of the day, right?  Smile

Not bad, anytime you can get them around 12", you are doing good at The Pig and some bonus browns are a plus in my book. It has been a few years now but once I caught a 14 incher there but it was really deep, like 60 ft down and after several passes we never got another one. Hopefully this year will be a good one there.