Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin Lakes
Fished Twin 5-22 it was very slow. I fished all dang day. Tally for the day 3 rainbows 15-16", 2 small bass and 1 small bluegill. saw tons of fish but they really weren't that interested in my offerings. The water level was really good, chuck full, making it a bit difficult to fish from the bank. Now I'm just waiting a bit for the levels to go down so there is a little bit better access to my old haunts. Trout were caught on a nightcrawler and a marshmallow.
Thanks for the report, I'm hearing reports of numerous lakes filling up this year, so that is great news. Does Twin fill up in most years?
Some lakes over there have filled up this year from what I've heard, around here not so much.

Sounds like a pretty good day in spite of high water.
(06-26-2022, 09:08 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Some lakes over there have filled up this year from what I've heard, around here not so much.

Sounds like a pretty good day in spite of high water.

Really? I heard most were full or almost full, including the one near your place.
(06-26-2022, 04:01 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report, I'm hearing reports of numerous lakes filling up this year, so that is great news. Does Twin fill up in most years?

All of the reservoirs that are fed from the east mountain range are as full as can be here in cache valley. Lakes like Newton, Deep Creek, and Devils Creek their waters source comes from the range to the west and those mountains didn't get the moisture like the mountains to the east did last winter. Hence that is why most other lakes didn't fill this year.
(06-26-2022, 11:58 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote:
(06-26-2022, 04:01 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report, I'm hearing reports of numerous lakes filling up this year, so that is great news. Does Twin fill up in most years?

All of the reservoirs that are fed from the east mountain range are as full as can be here in cache valley. Lakes like Newton, Deep Creek, and Devils Creek their waters source comes from the range to the west and those mountains didn't get the moisture like the mountains to the east did last winter. Hence that is why most other lakes didn't fill this year.

OK, that makes sense, that is the area I've been hearing about but I just assumed it was the whole Southern half of the state. I was trying to google it but could not find it for Southern Idaho.
Nope, not here, although we had a ton of snow, not much moisture in it, pretty Sad what my lake looks like, already dry here, had
2 fires here this week.
I am really surprised that people are complaining about high water in the reservoirs around southern Idaho like around Preston. I have fished these reservoirs many times over and even at high water had very succesful trips, so I am not sure if its jsut what folks are offering or what the situation is, but, I know at Twin, you have to make the effort on many visits to get back in the trees and willows to find the fish and catch what you want. And even then at times, it can be hard to catch the pan fish and bass, but, you can do it with some effort. As for trout and all fish there, I have had even out in the open lake many successful trips catching trout and all species but I had to very depth, speed trolling and other options. It just took patients and time. That is just my experience and maybe others have dont that too, but, I have never had a day where I havent had a successful day on Twin in the past. I havent fished it this year due to my medical conditions, but, I cant see it changing that much just in one year but it's possible. Just saying lol Smile
What is the current process to get in to the lake?
(06-29-2022, 05:39 PM)gorfish Wrote: What is the current process to get in to the lake?

As far as fishing from the bank is a $5 day use fee. Boats are a different story. You have to get an invasive species sticker and another inspection at the lake. I’m not sure what they charge for that. As far as inflatables you just have to get your invasive species inspection which is free and a five dollar launching fee at the lake. It’s a bit of a pain in the butt and don’t quote me on the prices I’m not one hundred percent sure on those but this is what I remember.
If you are from out of state, you have to pay $30 for an out of state invasive species sticker for your boat.
(06-29-2022, 08:26 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 05:39 PM)gorfish Wrote: What is the current process to get in to the lake?

As far as fishing from the bank is a $5 day use fee. Boats are a different story. You have to get an invasive species sticker and another inspection at the lake. I’m not sure what they charge for that. As far as inflatables you just have to get your invasive species inspection which is free and a five dollar launching fee at the lake. It’s a bit of a pain in the butt and don’t quote me on the prices I’m not one hundred percent sure on those but this is what I remember.

Here's all of the info you need for Twin. http://twinlakescanalcompany.com/recreation.html.  Twin lakes canal co. really makes it a lot easier to get on the water than the Consolidated Canal Co. At places like Glendale, you have to drive clear past there to Franklin and get inspected prior to launching that day or, if your in the area, you can get inspected and they will put a zip tie on the front of the boat between the boat and trailer and if it stays that way you dont have to get inspected the say that you go.  If the zip tie gets broke you have to go back to Franklin or another inspection station and get inspected. Then you have to pay out the nose at Glendale to launch and that is all it is is a fee to launch your boat because they wont do inspections there. At least at Twin they will inspect your boat for free and then you pay $15.00 and at Glendale its like 30 bucks if your out of the county. I cant remember the the exact price but here's a link for reservoirs controlled by Consolidated. https://www.facebook.com/FranklinCountyR...irAlliance

You have to search all of the links on their site but the info is there and if you have questions, send one and they are great getting back to you on your question.

Glendale by far out fishes Twin for crappie and blue gill of any size, but, if you know what your doing at Twin, you can catch a pretty good bunch of slabs. Also, Glendale drops water much faster than twin and it sounds like this may be the year that they might just close sooner than expected due to the low water there.

I hope this helps. Many years ago, I led a group to try and get some changes implemented by both canal companies and it didnt work even with F&G on the sportsmans side, but it has settled down and I still keep tabs on what is happening down that way all the time. So, dont give up on anything just go for it. Yes with the gas prices up as bad as they are, you cant fish as often as I used to go, probably averaged 3-4 times a month, now Im lucky to get down that way twice a summer.

I hope this helps guys and have a bang up weekend but keep yourself safe and others around you.

By the way, there is a link on FB that is being pushed and I support it to get Bonneville county to push boating no wake laws and banning the huge wave boats from the reservoir due to bank erosion and lack of sportsmanship by the ski boat community since the county implemented a no wake law any where on the reservoir around boats for 200 feet around any boat. I will try to find that link so if your interested, the County was taking comments and the last I knew, sportsmen/fishermen were out numbering ski outfits to push the ban hands down so now to see what the county does with it.

Ok guys, I got the FB page on the Ririe issue, here is the FB page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Southeas...70756314/i If you want to talk to a county commissioner on the proposal, contact Commissioner John Walker. he is kinda heading this up. No timetable on a decision but my buddy who is kinda heading up fishermens push told me that a lot of great in put. The page is the Southeast Idaho Fishing. Its a private group but you an join. If anyone wants to join, let me know and I think I can to the invite thing but not sure. Its pretty easy to get in if you have any interest in fishing at all, LOL LOL Smile