Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard South - 6\26
When I got up this morning, the wind was blowing in Pain City. Nineish it died so I was fishing at the south marina before 10. Peddled out to the feedlot and slow trolled (.5 MPH). Didn't take long before the first fish was on and it stayed right busy until a little after noon when the wind came back up.  Today, you didn't have to wait long for a kittie and i had three or four doubles.  Drug fligs tiipped with marinated chicken.  8 -10 FOW seemed like the sweet spot, but  I did find several in 6 feet. By far, my best day at the bay this year.
Any chance a bank tangler can still fish the south and east side without being carried away by bugs? I usually stay away till fall after early June, but I sure have a catfish itch that needs scratching
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Hey ol' buddy.  I really appreciate you giving my kitties some exercise while I am on the sidelines.  Been taking care of TubeBabe and her new knee.  Should be back on the water by next week.  Maybe we can gang up on 'em.
(06-30-2022, 12:26 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Any chance a bank tangler can still fish the south and east side without being carried away by bugs? I usually stay away till fall after early June, but I sure have a catfish itch that needs scratching

Bugs weren't bad. I'd guess fishing from the mouth of the north marina might be productive. I picked up one right at the mouth as I came in from fishing.
I didn't have time to check out the  north marina the other day, but it might also have enough water to be fishable.

(06-30-2022, 06:18 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Hey ol' buddy.  I really appreciate you giving my kitties some exercise while I am on the sidelines.  Been taking care of TubeBabe and her new knee.  Should be back on the water by next week.  Maybe we can gang up on 'em.
Sounds like you're doing something much more important than stretching your line.  Wednesday is the best days for me.  Headed to Oregon later in the week. The beach is calling my name.