Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afternoon Kokanee?
So I'm in town for a few days and my dad and I were wanting to chase Kokanee at strawberry but he wasn't able to get his morning shifts off. I was wondering if there is any point in chasing Kokanee in the late afternoon/evening or if they are only biting in the early morning? Thanks for any help.
Late afternoon and evenings can be very good from what I’ve experienced at many lakes, but wind could be an issue at the Berry until it lays down
(07-04-2022, 03:08 PM)RollWithiT Wrote: So I'm in town for a few days and my dad and I were wanting to chase Kokanee at strawberry but he wasn't able to get his morning shifts off. I was wondering if there is any point in chasing Kokanee in the late afternoon/evening or if they are only biting in the early morning? Thanks for any help.

Koke fishing is usually pretty good from 4pm to 7pm.  But fighting the wind is usually the main issue.
good to hear I might try it an Ill let you know how mI do thanks for the info
(07-04-2022, 03:08 PM)RollWithiT Wrote: So I'm in town for a few days and my dad and I were wanting to chase Kokanee at strawberry but he wasn't able to get his morning shifts off. I was wondering if there is any point in chasing Kokanee in the late afternoon/evening or if they are only biting in the early morning? Thanks for any help.

the best bite at strawberry has been in the afternoon this last weekend with 1 pm to 3 being the best