Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek on the Fourth
Kelly and I decided to give Lost Creek a try this morning, thinking that being wakeless, there would be fewer boats to contend with.
We were correct!
Got on the water a bit before 7:00am and boated the first Rainbow within a few minutes of fishing.
The rest of the morning was good with a bit every 15 minutes or so.

There were only 5 other boats and a couple of Kayaks on the water for most of the morning.
It was a great choice to go up there today.

We wound up with a 3 species day as we caught Rainbows, Cutts and a few Kokanee.
The wind found us at about 11:00am. making the fishing a bit difficult.
We would go 15 to 20 minutes without a bite, only to find out that we had been dragging smaller Cutts for a while.

Got off the water about Noon.
Lots of Paddleboarders and Kayaks showed up about the time we left.

Fun day on the water.
Nice going...any size to the kokanee? Has there been any changes/repairs/modifications to the boat ramp yet?
One Koke was just shy of 16".
The others were smaller. Probably a year younger.

The ramp was in good shape and there is a Metal Dock/Walking Ramp at the edge of the water.
It is sticking out of the water and should be moved out farther to be more effective.
thanks to hear that haven t been there yet good too hear
Nice going Dale.  How's retirement treating you these days?  Having fun, are we?   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(07-05-2022, 03:02 PM)dubob Wrote: Nice going Dale.  How's retirement treating you these days?  Having fun, are we?   Big Grin

Hi Bob.
Loving retirement but with my back problems, I spend more days fishing from the boat than any other way.
Had to give up Ice Fishing and I do miss it.
Nice to hear from you.
Hope you are doing well.