Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starcraft Boat Livewell Questions?
The Stern Livewell on my Starcraft Superfisherman boat has a 3 way toggle switch.
Turn it up and water fills the well. The middle position is Off.
What is the switch supposed to do when it is in the down position?

When I select the down position, nothing seams to happen.
The livewell is the type that you have a plug/tube that you place in the drain hole to fill and hold water. 
At the top of the approximately 6" tall plug/tube, there is an overfill that releases water to keep from overfilling the well.

Could it be that I only need a 2 way switch and that the down position just doesn't do anything?
(07-06-2022, 07:42 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: The Stern Livewell on my Starcraft Superfisherman boat has a 3 way toggle switch.

The livewell is the type that you have a plug/tube that you place in the drain hole to fill and hold water. 
At the top of the approximately 6" tall plug/tube, there is an overfill that releases water to keep from overfilling the well.

Could it be that I only need a 2 way switch and that the down position just doesn't do anything?

Dale, we talked about this issue the last time you ask this question. At the time we said it was likely a switch that when you have it in that position it would turn on and off every 5 or 10 minutes to allow fresh water to come in ever so often, to oxygenate the water.

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1101166
(07-06-2022, 10:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 07:42 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: The Stern Livewell on my Starcraft Superfisherman boat has a 3 way toggle switch.

Dale, we talked about this issue the last time you ask this question. At the time we said it was likely a switch that when you have it in that position it would turn on and off every 5 or 10 minutes to allow fresh water to come in ever so often, to oxygenate the water.

I tried doing this on Monday.
Nothing happens when I turn the switch to the down position. Either my livewell is not set up for the down switch to do anything or the 
On/Off cycle has quit working. I will have it looked at when I take the boat in for any work.
(07-06-2022, 11:06 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 10:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I tried doing this on Monday.
Nothing happens when I turn the switch to the down position. Either my livewell is not set up for the down switch to do anything or the 
On/Off cycle has quit working. I will have it looked at when I take the boat in for any work.
I think when most people have that timer go out, they just don't fix it but it could be a fuse that is blown too.