Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokanee of a lifetime at Strawberry
An absolutely amazing thing happened to me on Strawberry Wednesday.  I was able to land a 5lb 12oz kokanee that measured 25.5" in length and 13.5" in girth.  What really made the day was that I was able to share this moment with my sons Zac and Jesse.  Being with them and all the hugs and high fives was more special than words can express.  Back to the fishing........only boated 7 kokes while we were there with of course a bunch of cutts and a sprinkling of rainbows too.  Most fish were caught between 30-40ft deep, a few above and a few below, and Paulina Peak dodgers and platinum flutterbugs that I had recently purchased and wanted to try out.  

I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow BFT'er and his wife as we were getting the boat ready for the trip home.  He said he watched our videos, hopefully subscribed, and was kind enough to share in the joy of the big koke that I had caught.  Thank you for watching the videos I thoroughly enjoyed talking with you and wish you success in your efforts to catch your next trophy.  If I can help please feel free to contact me any time.

Here's the pics!!!
[Image: big-koke.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20220706-144209355.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20220706-183252580-MP.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20220706-222530706.jpg]
WOW! Very nice!
Congratulations on catching a fine specimen.
Congratulations catching a brute, that's just shy of 6lbs. Hope you took all measurements & plenty of pics for a mount to be replicated, I certainly would.  Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Very nice fish, congratulations We’re you out out Tuesday also, had a boat go by me on 84 on our way home that said knotty hooker on the transom
Nice, love catching those big kokes, had a lake in Montana that produced those big ones when I was kid.
Nice, Very Nice!  That had to have been a thrill and great experience. The Strawberry Marina Store instagram account has had few nice ones reported the last while, yours included. That,s awesome and thanks for sharing not only what you caught it on but also that you share your videos too.
(07-07-2022, 03:32 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: WOW! Very nice!

Thank you!!

(07-07-2022, 05:37 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Congratulations on catching a fine specimen.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

(07-07-2022, 08:04 PM)Bduck Wrote: Congratulations catching a brute, that's just shy of 6lbs. Hope you took all measurements & plenty of pics for a mount to be replicated, I certainly would.  Big Grin

Thank you! I really didn't think of getting a mount until you mentioned it.  Hopefully I got enough measurements.

(07-07-2022, 10:34 PM)2knots Wrote: Very nice fish, congratulations  We’re you out out Tuesday also, had a boat go by me on 84 on our way home that said knotty hooker on the transom

Thank you! Unfortunately I was working Tuesday.  I live in Grantsville so I-80 is my track.

(07-08-2022, 01:48 AM)GpaRon Wrote: Nice, Very Nice!  That had to have been a thrill and great experience. The Strawberry Marina Store instagram account has had few nice ones reported the last while, yours included. That,s awesome and thanks for sharing not only what you caught it on but also that you share your videos too.

Thank you! It was extremely exciting.  Kinda thought I might have a state record but came up a little short.  And thank you for watching the videos.
Awesome job you guys are the stuff!!!!!
just saw your  post that was one big fish hopeful some day you will get a bigger one but maybe not
I got a 22" one that day they are fun to net.   strawberry has not been to good to me this last month.