Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KSL report on Lost Creek Improvements/Fees
Looks like they will start charging fees for day use and camping but improvements might be delayed.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50436004/los...be-delayed
(07-10-2022, 03:26 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Looks like they will start charging fees for day use and camping but improvements might be delayed.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50436004/los...be-delayed

I read this statement at your link:
We're just a little bit worried that some of the bids that come back ... might be a little bit more than the value of what we can get if we just wait a little long.

Chris Haramoto, Lost Creek and East Canyon state parks

So they think the prices are going to go diown in the furture, that could be a long wait. I'm not really concerned about the camping there, IMO they can wait as long as they want but I hope they at least widen the ramp there, that would be nice. Guess my state parks pass will still work.
I'm with you, would like to see a better ramp. If they are going to allow camping, does that mean the current lake closure from 10 pm to 6 am will no longer be in effect?
That's a good question but from what that says they will likely not do any camp grounds this year and only allow the camping below the dam until then, so my guess is no.
I agree.  When reading the post, the first thing I thought of was my last experience at East Canyon launch ramp.  I hadn't launched there in several years, and must have forgotten how narrow the ramp is.  With my rig, I had to back down from the prep area, no driving down and turning around. 

The low water makes it a little ways to back down, but the water level was actually up quite a bit from what must have made it a longer distance at the end of last boating season.  

With the low water situation, I would think the number one priority is to widen and lengthen the launch ramp.  I has to be planned and done soon.
I don't get to LC very often by myself because it is a long walk uphill from bottom of ramp to parking area.  If the state will at some point be charging a day use fee, It would be nice to have a vault toilet at least at the parking area. 
I would also like to see a wider, longer ramp, but even more would like to see at least a single dock from shore line out to water deep enough so boats wouldn't need to go to ground (mud).
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(07-12-2022, 02:43 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: ... but even more would like to see at least a single dock from shore line out to water deep enough so boats wouldn't need to go to ground (mud).

Pictures recently posted show that they have installed a dock on the side of the boat ramp.