Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Fleet 7-10
Finally got enough stuff unboxed and put away I could get to the boat, so I cleaned it up a bit, washed some dust off, hit RF, on the water about 6:15, 

[Image: rf.jpg]

the only boat there to launch, Nice, low water makes for a bit of a hike to the parking lot, never been on the lake so I figured I would troll around it and see, had a miner electrical problem, fish finder wouldn't turn on, found I pulled a wire off at the battery, fix in just a minute,  lake was glass, 74 deg,  bunch of fish slurping bugs off the top, by 7 had my first wiper ever, about 17 in, missed a few bumps,
[Image: first-wiper.jpg]

trolled the entire edge of the lake ended up with one more wiper trolling fast, marking structure, I don't have a good map for RF so I was using auto chart to map the bottom, everything above the ramp is wakeless, but no boats until about 9:30, had the whole lake to myself only ever seen 2 other boats fishing, a lot of paddle boarders and yakers, but they don't make waves, up that canyon above the ramp is amazing, 
[Image: clif.jpg]

[Image: cliff.jpg]

[Image: cliff1.jpg]

just like Powell, the place I marked the most fish was in front of the docks between 20-30 ft, so I put a heavy jig on one and set a flig out, Pat they like your fligs here to.

[Image: flig-wiper.jpg]

ended up with 8 wipers and one little eye, left them all there to catch again. they like fire tiger colors the best, left about 1 it was getting hot, when I left there was about 10 or so trailers in the lot, about 40 paddle boarders, it was nice not being crowded off the lake,
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Good report and great pics...never been there, but your info makes me wish I could some day...tks for sharing...guluk..
Should be a t-shirt thst says "fish like fligs" or somthing like that
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Hey Mike, great to hear you are getting to check out your new surroundings.  Glad you found some fishies that wanted to play.  Also glad to hear they like fligs.  I know the guy who makes them. 

Hope you are able to find some more productive ponds and look forward to your reports.