Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linden
My Grandson and his wife wanted to catch some catfish so we headed to Linden on friday the 8th. She was so excited as this was her first float tube trip. We launched both tubed and the pontoon at 6;30 to very calm windless water. We were the only ones there. Depth all the way out was 2 ft.  We headed toward the bubble up but never made it. We found fish fairly early. The water was very calm and 73 degrees. 

[Image: IMG-2057.jpg]

This was her first catfish ever. You could hear her scream big time

[Image: IMG-2060-1.jpg]

She caught several of these.
[Image: IMG-2058.jpg]
My grandson caught this one. He ended up with 5 cats  and kate had 6. the old man here managed 4. My camera quit after the pic of Taylers fish. Will use my phone from here on out I think. All fish were caught between 2-3 fow. We left at 11:30 She is hooked on tubing now. Offered her the one she was on but she wants a new superfatcat. Tayler never measured that biggest one.
I bet that was a hoot for her to get her first cat and on a tube, fun. Were you dragging white bass for bait?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(07-11-2022, 11:57 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I bet that was a hoot for her to get her first cat and on a tube, fun. Were you dragging white bass for bait?

sorry I should have said. we were using fligs tipped with chub tails
Nice work.  Float tubes and fligs.  You are speaking my language. 

I almost always do well on cats between the harbor and the bubbleup.  But it can be good on the flats just north of the harbor too...straight out off the inlet for Battle Creek.
(07-11-2022, 02:31 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Nice work.  Float tubes and fligs.  You are speaking my language. 

I almost always do well on cats between the harbor and the bubbleup.  But it can be good on the flats just north of the harbor too...straight out off the inlet for Battle Creek.

we should do that soon my friend