Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard: Post 4th holiday
Stayed away from Willard over the 4th holiday weekend and all last week due to the high winds.  Yesterday, Monday 11th had most favorable forecast in front of the triple digit heat wave due in mid-week. 

Got launched about 0700, and lines out by 0714.  Wind was at a guess 12-15 mph, just shy of white capping,  but forecast to calm by about 0800.  Which it did. Calmed to a near perfect bug-stopper breeze and provided near perfect drift speed. 

Water levels from south marina seem to have dropped another half a foot. Outside edge of dock 2.5-2.9 fow, most of marina area 2.6-3.0 fow, just after left turn in channel middle 6.0-9.0 fow,  from end of jetty walls well out past the no wake buoy 3.5-7.0 fow.  Deepest area I covered north of the feedlot towers 10.2 fow.  
Water temp was at 73 in marina when I launched, and 76 when I started back in off the lake about 1300. 

I had not intended to keep any Cats yesterday, but had 2 out of the 5  I boated that had been really hungry, or greedy, and swallowed the hook deep and gotten gill hooked.  So they accepted my invitation to the cleaning station and a trip home for a future dinner (maybe tonight)  Wink . 

[Image: 034-11-July-2022.jpg]  [Image: 035.jpg]  [Image: 036.jpg]  [Image: 037.jpg]  [Image: 038.jpg] [Image: 039.jpg]  

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I was out there the same time you were, the guy in the yellow shirt, hard to miss lol. It was fantastic weather for sure. I can't belive how low it has gotten! I didn't end up catching anything but sure had a good time trying and enjoying the cool breeze.
Hoe were the bugs
(07-12-2022, 07:46 PM)pizzaman_288 Wrote: Hoe were the bugs

With the  breeze,  no bugs  Rolleyes
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool