Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly Yuba
Just got this pic of Yuba...from the Painted Rocks launch ramp.  Looks like the lake is a goner this year.

[Image: YUBA-PAINTED-ROCKS.jpg]
I have had a couple of reports from people who have been camping at the Park and North Beach area. They have caught a few wipers and some carp, so there must be some water left. I also talked to a home owner, yes a home owner, whose home is on the south shore, just over the dam. They still have water, but their dock is high and dry. There is a small development on the south shore area, unreal !!! I checked Google Maps and there are about 6 homes with several more being built !! Progress continues !!
(07-14-2022, 04:42 PM)Therapist Wrote: I have had a couple of reports from people who have been camping at the Park and North Beach area.  They have caught a few wipers and some carp,  so there must be some water left.  I also talked to a home owner,  yes a home owner, whose home is on the south shore, just over the dam.  They still have water,  but their dock is high and dry.  There is a small development on the south shore area,  unreal !!!  I checked Google Maps and there are about 6 homes with several more being built !!  Progress continues !!

The guy who sent the picture was going to be camping there last night and fishing near the dam today.  Looking forward to his report. 

That picture reminded me of what I saw on my way back when I moved back to Utah from Arizona in July of 2004.  The lake was reduced to just a trickle almost all the way to the dam.  But it completely refilled the next year and DWR filled it with trout...that grew to 8 pounds in 2 years feeding on all the fathead minnows.  Since then, no minnows and no big trout.  But lots of experimental stuff. 

We both remember the good old days...when the lake was always full and always kicked out grundles of walleyes and humongous perch.  Sniff sniff.
I camped at yuba last weekend still plenty of water to fish and boat, its pretty common for painted rocks to dry up in the summer, we caught wiper, perch and carp from the beach all weekend it was great!
[Image: 20220708-212127.jpg]
(07-14-2022, 02:51 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Just got this pic of Yuba...from the Painted Rocks launch ramp.  Looks like the lake is a goner this year.

I guess now is the time to go get all my bb’s and crawler rigs back?
(07-14-2022, 11:53 PM)MrShane Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 02:51 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Just got this pic of Yuba...from the Painted Rocks launch ramp.  Looks like the lake is a goner this year.

When utah lake gets this low i have a rebuilt 15hp Johnson i gotta go find! And a 30lb thrust minkota!
(07-15-2022, 03:38 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 11:53 PM)MrShane Wrote:

When utah lake gets this low i have a rebuilt 15hp Johnson i gotta go find! And a 30lb thrust minkota!
If you find two shotguns in cases I will be happy to ID them for their return!
A KSL story this week had Yuba at just over 10% capacity water-wise.