Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 7-15
Soldier Creek side today, light sprinkles throughout the morning and a real Strawberry cloudburst complete with lightning in the early afternoon. I can see the fish (presumably Kokanee) on my finder, but the bite is slow. They are making you work for them but 

Low point of the day was the unexpected delay on Highway 40 heading back toward Heber. They are spreading gravel on 40 for a chip seal project (which is a big threat to your paint and windshield at speed), but during the day they had 40 down to one lane with flaggers and lead cars. Between the tanker trucks and the early weekend traffic, it was quite a wait. I guess it gave me a chance to step outside the truck for a bit and enjoy how pretty that canyon really is.
(07-16-2022, 04:26 AM)fishnotphish Wrote: Soldier Creek side today, light sprinkles throughout the morning and a real Strawberry cloudburst complete with lightning in the early afternoon. I can see the fish (presumably Kokanee) on my finder, but the bite is slow. They are making you work for them but 

Low point of the day was the unexpected delay on Highway 40 heading back toward Heber. They are spreading gravel on 40 for a chip seal project (which is a big threat to your paint and windshield at speed), but during the day they had 40 down to one lane with flaggers and lead cars. Between the tanker trucks and the early weekend traffic, it was quite a wait. I guess it gave me a chance to step outside the truck for a bit and enjoy how pretty that canyon really is.

Have you ever tried to jig those schools? When they won't take your squids