Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
License Fees
DWR has a proposal on the table to increase hunting/fishing licenses & permits.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/news/utah-wild...ovdelivery
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Buying my lifetime hunting and fishing license back in the early 90's was one of the best investments I ever made. It includes small game hunting, fishing and one general deer tag for any location in the state. $500.00 seemed like a lot of money back then, especially when I still had kids at home but looking back on it, it was an amazing deal.
(07-17-2022, 01:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Buying my lifetime hunting and fishing license back in the early 90's was one of the best investments I ever made. It includes small game hunting, fishing and one general deer tag for any location in the state. $500.00 seemed like a lot of money back then, especially when I still had kids at home but looking back on it, it was an amazing deal.

I also bought one for myself.  Good choice it turns out.
The only regret I have is not buying one for my bride also but then we were not sure we would be staying in the state.
Why would they not ask for a fee increase?
The cost of everything has gone up.
I would rather pay the increase, than see less fish stocked and other cuts.
The DWR need the increase just to maintain things, let alone make improvements.

Nobody likes to pay more but when it is needed and justified, it just makes sense to me.
It may well be justified, but for some people it could also be a deal breaker when the cost of virtually everything else is also spiraling up out of control. They'll be forced to just not buy a license in favor of gas and food.

And that in turn means an actual revenue drop for the DWR. Ask for $6 more and get $44 less.
(07-17-2022, 04:21 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: Why would they not ask for a fee increase?

Nobody likes to pay more but when it is needed and justified, it just makes sense to me.

I doubt Roger was complaining about it, just letting everyone know about it, so they won't be shocked when go to buy a new license. Like you said, with the high cost of gas, it's not surprising.
(07-17-2022, 03:26 PM)PACMEN Wrote:
(07-17-2022, 01:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Buying my lifetime hunting and fishing license back in the early 90's was one of the best investments I ever made. It includes small game hunting, fishing and one general deer tag for any location in the state. $500.00 seemed like a lot of money back then, especially when I still had kids at home but looking back on it, it was an amazing deal.

The only regret I have is not buying one for my bride also but then we were not sure we would be staying in the state.

My wife doesn't fish but I had thoughts at the time of buying one for my son, glad I didn't because he ended up moving to Idaho, where they still have lifetime licenses. Makes me wonder, if Utah still had lifetimes licenses, how much they would cost Undecided
(07-17-2022, 06:09 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-17-2022, 03:26 PM)PACMEN Wrote:

My wife doesn't fish but I had thoughts at the time of buying one for my son, glad I didn't because he ended up moving to Idaho, where they still have lifetime licenses. Makes me wonder, if Utah still had lifetimes licenses, how much they would cost Undecided

At my age it's not even a consideration. Big Grin
(07-17-2022, 08:00 PM)gofish435 Wrote: At my age it's not even a consideration. Big Grin

True dat.  As the late great George Burns used to say..."At my age I don't even buy green bananas."
(07-17-2022, 08:00 PM)gofish435 Wrote:
(07-17-2022, 06:09 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

At my age it's not even a consideration. Big Grin

When I bought mine it was well worth the money but now I doubt I'd be interested either, if they still had them. Here is what Idaho charges for their lifetime licenses:
https://idfg.idaho.gov/licenses/lifetime
(07-17-2022, 06:04 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-17-2022, 04:21 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: Why would they not ask for a fee increase?

I doubt Roger was complaining about it, just letting everyone know about it, so they won't be shocked when go to buy a new license. Like you said, with the high cost of gas, it's not surprising.

No complaints here when its inevitable fees go up in prices. I'm into my 3rd year of a 5yr combo license, which I'll renew it when the time comes. [i]Besides being a late implant in Utah a lifetime license didn't make sense for me then and at this stage of my life now. After living in Calif for years a sports fishing license is a basic fee, then you add stamps according to the type fishing doing. [/i]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I guess I had better buy the 5 year license today, before the price goes up. Then I'm good for 5 years at current pricing.