Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Chix Creeks
Anybody got any info on whats happening to chix creek east?
Tried to launch a week or so ago and the roads closed and there was a few large earth moving equipment
As of saturday the roads blocked
[Image: IMG_1193_(6).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
theyve graded out some flat spots above the road and appears to have bermed  the old road along the shore to deny access
[Image: 20220717_055318.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
I know im not the only shallow draft watercraft angler who really liked it as it was and am gonna be bummed if that  drive/ launchable shoreline access changes for the worse in the future
Maybe it'll be an improvement
Any how rolled into chix creek west little after 6 oa temp in the fitys
took the sup cause rowing over and back from mud creek or the ladders seemed like a lot of work as would dragging the raft down from the lot
 Greeted and shared a cup of joe with the fish for garbage crew offered set up assistance or to help with bfast but they gave me a bag told me to go fish for the team
be it troots or trash
bit of wind  and chop to start but hooked up pretty quick and often
[Image: 20220716_164910.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
wind died down as the sun rose and i paddled over to the west bay
alternated tween beaching the sup and deslobitizing the shoreline
[Image: 20220717_080337.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
and exercising slot cuts
[Image: 20220716_164700.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
your standard fare, rats nests of wildlife harshing mono, wayward bobbers, ciggie puff butts, shotgun shells, tackle and snacky's packaging empty powerbait and tastey beverages containers
and a lot of empty ziplock and plastic bags
which worked out good as i didnt need to pull the big bag outta the sup each time
the pelicans werent real keen on me invading their space on the point but other than that pretty quite morn 
standard healthy head shaking cutts
werent real deep had a couple throw to the rise a strip or 2  the grabs go down
[Image: IMG_1147_(7).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: 20220716_165024.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: DSCN8067_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
wind picked up and the efficiency of the sup as a catching platform decreases as that happens
as the level of attentiveness to stay high n dry increases
I need to figure out a wind sock or rod mount to troll off the side while i paddle forward
wife came up to escape the valley scorching and the furkid got to swim
[Image: DSCN8095.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: DSCN8103_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
https://wri.utah.gov/wri/reports/ProjectSummaryReport.html?id=5273

New boat ramp
headed over towards chix creek east to give the bank anglers who seemed to be gittin em pretty good space and fill the trash bag
you can really tell how much waters gone and levels of old shore lines over that way
bout noon headed back to a great bbq a host of great swag raffle from a host of great sponsors
Sorted out the recyclables and added the trash to the healthy stash
[Image: IMG_1158_(6).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
posed for a group shot
[Image: IMG_1164_(6).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
stokes me out to see so many fams and young kids spending some good times doing good things
Its a special place to me i pretty much cut my midwest transplant fly flingin slimer teeth there in an og bucks bag belly boat stuffed in the back of grandpas kick me down pontiac sunbird and south bend reel o matic reel and an old glass whippy stick and 1 fly box of buggers
wearing out the crotch of waders finnin around those bays tow truckin up those what ever triploid strain of og into the backing rainbows the stocked back in the mid 90's
Decades later into a lifelong addiction multiple boats sups rods reels more flies than i could ever use it always feels good to go back to the start and sniff the memberries
[Image: 20220717_080457(1).jpg?width=1920&height...fit=bounds]
[Image: IMG_1176_(5).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
wind died down
wife took a sup lap and the newf did newf
[Image: IMG_1167_(6).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: IMG_1188_(5).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
props and thanks to the fish for garbage crew Indian Summer Flyfishing the rest of the sponsers and everyone who has picked sumthin up
somebody else could manage to pack out
Next outing is Aug 13 on the green river outta Dutch John and the weber after that or consult the ffg website to particpate or info
[Image: IMG_1192_(5).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]

(07-18-2022, 06:28 PM)Panchodog Wrote: https://wri.utah.gov/wri/reports/ProjectSummaryReport.html?id=5273

New boat ramp
thanks for the link my e search skills are lacking
never seen many small crafts have much problem backing down off the road and launching there
that was always my pops n his small craft crews go to
[Image: IMG_1876.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
im good with a real ramp more parking and better winter access and not letting the jabronis drive where they shouldn't
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
I'm torn. On the one hand if you build it they will come. On the other hand on July 9th at first light thirty the boats were lined up to the main road at Renegade so another ramp option would be nice.
I love Strawberry and so does everyone else.

Nice job on the garbage patrol. Wish I would have known about it.
nice, that fish for garbage thing looks like a great idea. I had thee pleasure of doing cleanup a couple of times on the provo. BTW I have been seeing a lot lately on fishing from a paddle board. looks like fun but looks like someone like me may end up taking an unintentional swim often.