Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard South - 7\18
At the boat ramp @ 6:30 this morning. Peddled out to the feed lot and was fishing by 7.  First fish before I could get my second rod baited.  Fishing remained consistently good until I ran out of bait about 10:30.  Picked up a catfish every 10 or 15 minutes.   Drug a Sante rig behind me at 5 MPH 
tipped with marinated chicken. Seems like 8 to 10 FOW was the sweet spot this morning.
Two corrections, Larry. I think you meant 0.5 mph and the right word is pedaled.
(07-18-2022, 09:40 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Two corrections, Larry. I think you meant 0.5 mph and the right word is pedaled.

Thanks Rocky. You're right on both parts. Thanks.
I was more impressed with you catching them going 5 mph and also that you could pedal that fast (for an extended period of time).
You're right, Kent. You can hit 5 mph in a Hobie, but not for long. At least not in that Hobie and not with my legs, LOL!

It is quite easy, however, to troll at a walking speed of 3 mph in it. Did that many times at Willard, and always had a lure in the water when I was going from place to place at that speed.
(07-19-2022, 11:30 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: You're right, Kent. You can hit 5 mph in a Hobie, but not for long. At least not in that Hobie and not with my legs, LOL!

It is quite easy, however, to troll at a walking speed of 3 mph in it. Did that many times at Willard, and always had a lure in the water when I was going from place to place at that speed.
Typically between the Marina and the feedlot I can average 4 MPH with no wind.  Much farther than a half mile, I fall back to 3 MPH. Takes about 20 minutes to reach the west wall.
I always launched from the north marina, and also got to the west dike in about 20 minutes. It's a titch over a mile, so 3 mph equals a 20-minute pedal. Often picked up a wiper or crappie on the way, too. Pulled a crankbait or a spoon.

Larry, I am so relieved and glad that I sold that boat to the right guy.