Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day at Utah Lake
Today being my 81st birthday, Richard decided to take me fishing.

The water temp was 75 at 6:45 am when we launched and was 83.8 at 1:30 when we came into dock.

Fishing started out slow, nothing for the first hour then Richard went on a rampage and caught 3 in 30 minutes.  I was still sitting there waiting for something to find my line. 

Finally at 8:30 I lucked out with a big one, it was all I could do to land it as he didn't want to come in.  It was 30 inches and a big fat dude, didn't weigh him but it would probably have gone 14 lbs. easy.

We were hoping to get some eaters today but we both caught big ones from 25.5, Two 29", 28", Two 27", and three 26.5".  Richard caught 8, and I caught 4. He out fished me in numbers, but I got the biggest one. HE HE HE.

We had a wonderful day with the exception of Richard forgot to put the plug in for the second time in a row, no harm done just a good laugh.

The water seemed to be much shallower than it has been, we had to go out quite a ways to reach 5 ft. We actually caught most of our fish in 2 fow, trying to get to 5 ".

We're going again tomorrow to take a granddaughter out with us. hope we can find the fish again.

[Image: 30-in-July-20th-Smile-for-the-camera.jpg]  Richard said say cheese for the camera. This is the biggest fish grin I've ever seen.

Mrs J
(07-20-2022, 10:10 PM)MrsJ Wrote: Today being my 81st birthday, Richard decided to take me fishing.
Happy Birthday Vi.  You picked a good birthday.  It's mine too.  But you got me by a couple of years.

Glad you guys were able to get out and get some tugs.  I got a few at Lindon yesterday but no contest fish.
(07-20-2022, 10:10 PM)MrsJ Wrote: Today being my 81st birthday, Richard decided to take me fishing.

Jeff's birthday was yesterday (July must be good birthday month lol), but we had other things happening so didn't get to go fishing, 

Congrats at catching biggest of the day Violet.
Nice fish Vi! You guys just keep hauling in those 30 inchers, good on ya. Oh, and happy birthday, we are the same age but you have a couple of months on me. 1941 was a tough time for mamas to have babies and face the reality of war coming on.

I'm going out tomorrow for the first time in few weeks. I'll be in my kayak cuz I'm not sure I could launch boat at Lincoln. Are you guys still launching at Lincoln or going to Provo? I'm going over to the west side to see if there might be a 30 incher over there that you have not yet caught.

Good luck tomorrow and I'll be watching for you to post up yet another 30+er.

Lynn aka BLK
Lynn, I'll answer for Vi.  We have not launched at Lincoln for about three weeks. Our last launch there Vi nicked the prop, I think it was one of the rocks that was used to test the ice last season. Any way with the loss of water we thought it was a better choice to drive to Provo.  An early morning launch is pretty easy as there is no competition.  Good luck out there tomorrow, don't waste your time on those 30" fish, get the big one you have been in pursuit of. 

RJ