Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a hoot July 21st
We launched at ULSP about 7:45, water temp was 79.5  warming to 84.

We took Violet's 9 year old granddaughter with us on this trip.

I thought we would fish a new area but after an hour of nothing and some looks, like are you kidding me! then Vi's  gentle suggestion we move, We pulled up and headed for the fishing grounds (South).

We started catching shortly after. Lily caught 8 on her own 7 of which were 26" or larger and was a real champ at helping us land many of ours. At one time we had a triple. I had just brought one in and it was still in the net when Vi hollered I needed the net, I told Lily not to bring hers in until we got the other 2 out of the way.  We were having a blast even with all the tangles we had. Rather than try to untangle, we cut instead. Much faster!

The weather was quite pleasant, a few scattered clouds, a slight chop at first then calm and hot. 

About 1230 we decided we had enough fun so we picked up and headed back enjoying the air as we motored back to the marina.

We finished the day with a total 27,keeping four of the small ones for dinner.

Cut bait did the trick.

Algae is getting ugly.

[Image: Lily-big-catfish.jpg]  This is one of Lily's 26 inchers.
What a great trip. That Smile on her face tells the story
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Looks and sounds like a great day on the water.  Water looks like a green mirror  Cool .  

Good on ya taking the granddaughter.  Always a blast when the young'uns are catching.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool