Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
Worked the east side of mantua from the pontoon, only found a couple bass. One on a whopper plopper, which was awesome. The other on a rage blade. No bluegill. I grilled them. 
[Image: A062-AB8-F-7711-4-D2-F-B1-AA-61186-DDD1-FE6.jpg]
(07-24-2022, 05:43 PM)filletedalive Wrote: Worked the east side of mantua from the pontoon, only found a couple bass. One on a whopper plopper, which was awesome. The other on a rage blade. No bluegill. I grilled them. 

Looks good, too bad the gills did not want to play. Were you fishing shallow or deeper away from shore? I know the bass can be found closer to the trees but unless they are spawning the gills should be in a little deeper water right now.
The water level is down a bit so we worked the grassy beds in 3-5 feet of water. I found a deep shelf that went from 4’ to 14’ of water. And saw a number of fish along that shelf. They just were not playing nice. The majority of the fish were in 9-16 fow. I don’t know that body of water very well. But still ended up with two. I would have loved to locate the gills, I had visions of grand fish fry’s
I think it's like most lakes, if you have enought time to check out the whole lake, you can find some active fish in some locations but most of us don't have time to look everywhere. Most people that do good there, target them during the spawn, when they are close to shore. Seems like that was a month or two ago now and some members reported catching them along the West dike.