Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Silver Lake (AF-Canyon)
I took my son for a hike to Silver lake sat and it was awesome! 

[Image: IMG-1416.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1425.jpg]

Has been close to 15 years since the last time I was up there. (the hike is soooooo much easier after losing 168lbs)  Made the trek up in just under an hour! fished for 5 hours and man the Brooke Trout are very colorful!  we could not keep them off the hook!

[Image: IMG-1448.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1431.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1432.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1433.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1435.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1443.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1444.jpg]

Fish were hammering on blue fox small silver spinner and then when we needed a break we sat and ate Lunchables (I forgot how good those were LOL) while thought we could get a break from the action by putting on a little power bait and still fish!  Nope, that was just as popular with the brookies.  Ended up keeping 2 that were not able to release back. The hike down was just as good.  Going to plan an overnighter up there in the next little while.  I know there is no fish in Glance lake but how is the camping situation up there?

Flowers are still in bloom up there!

[Image: IMG-4370.jpg]
Sounds like a great trip with your son. Congratulations on losing all of that weight.
Great report and awesome pics Greg, always fun to spend time with our kids. I could not believe your weight loss when I saw you earlier his year at the Spring BFT get together, that is a huge accomplishment.
that is awesome. love that area.
Wow, that sounds like so much fun. I want to take my great-grandaughter somewhere that you can't keep the fish off. She's five. Do you think she could make the hike? I'm sorta a before picture myself. How long did it take to hike in? I've always wanted to go there; it's about 1.5 miles, right?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(07-27-2022, 02:37 AM)catchinon Wrote: Wow, that sounds like so much fun. I want to take my great-grandaughter somewhere that you can't keep the fish off. She's five. Do you think she could make the hike? I'm sorta a before picture myself. How long did it take to hike in? I've always wanted to go there; it's about 1.5 miles, right?

It is almost 2 miles to the silver lake but we then went to Silver glance after that so the screenshot is total from the parking lot to Silver Glance lake.
[Image: tes.jpg]
 The first part is mild and good the last 1/2 mile is pretty rough but I saw a lot of smaller children up there so as long as you can keep her hydrated she should be fine. There is little to no tree cover the last mile so would suggest early in morning before the heat gets bad.  Fish the west side of the lake there is less people swimming there. would also suggest small hooks with barbs pinched they like to swallow deep.