Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
another morning at UL 25 July
Vi has been after me all evening to write another report so here goes. Fished for Cats again. 

We got to the ramp at ULSP near 0630. We were prepping for launch when this big blue Lund being towed with a Honda SUV pulls in ahead of us and onto the ramp. My first thought was , that looks like Pisco's vehicle, then when I heard his voice I knew it. Had a brief hello and it wasn't long before he kicked it into gear and that was the last time we saw him.

Jim if you read this I hope you and John had a good day.

Not sure of the count before  Vi hooked up with a 30", shortly after a 30.5". She was one happy women. 

We brought 21 cats to the boat. Still catching some decent sized fish, but did get a half dozen 23-25" that we brought home.

Vi just reminded me that I caught another 30", I didn't think of it, I guess, because it would not give me a bump for the contest.

Nothing changed out there other than the water. The algae seemed to be a bit worse and the color of water way brown. It makes a real good mess of ones boat, especially my black one.

rj
(07-26-2022, 03:52 AM)Mr. J Wrote: Vi has been after me all evening to write another report so here goes. Fished for Cats again. 

We got to the ramp at ULSP near 0630. We were prepping for launch when this big blue Lund being towed with a Honda SUV pulls in ahead of us and onto the ramp. My first thought was , that looks like Pisco's vehicle, then when I heard his voice I knew it. Had a brief hello and it wasn't long before he kicked it into gear and that was the last time we saw him.

Jim if you read this I hope you and John had a good day.

Not sure of the count before  Vi hooked up with a 30", shortly after a 30.5". She was one happy women. 

We brought 21 cats to the boat. Still catching some decent sized fish, but did get a half dozen 23-25" that we brought home.

Vi just reminded me that I caught another 30", I didn't think of it, I guess, because it would not give me a bump for the contest.

Nothing changed out there other than the water. The algae seemed to be a bit worse and the color of water way brown. It makes a real good mess of ones boat, especially my black one.

rj

Sounds like a great day for you and Vi. I thought we were watching you guys fish most of the morning, about halfway between us and the shore, but it must have been someone else. We found good numbers of fish but not the big ones you guys found. Lots of fun, but one 29 was the best for our day.

Before you launched you said Vi wanted to go one direction and you wanted to go another. Since she had a great day, I assumed you went where she wanted to go.

It was good to chat again for a minute. BTW, I was pulling the BBL with my dodge grand caravan. Julie got the SUV this time Smile.
Sounds like a great trip Richard, thanks for the report... Way to rock the big ones consistently... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Wow Richard, you and Vi are killing them this year, congrats to both of you on a great day.