Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DC 7/27
Was able to take my sons up for a quick trip this morning. On the water at 7 AM and first fish on the boat within 2 minutes. We only fished a couple hours because we knew the power squadron would be out in full force. Trolled crank baits and landed 4 different species. took home a perch and walleye. Had a few other bites we missed. Never took the time to Jig when we saw concentrations of fish because we were just trying to troll around and cover as much space as possible. Most concentrations of fish were in 20 to 40 feet of water and fish were suspended between 10 to 25 feet. Beautiful day and always amazing to be out with my sons!
(07-27-2022, 09:13 PM)Redrebel Wrote: Was able to take my sons up for a quick trip this morning. On the water at 7 AM and first fish on the boat within 2 minutes. We only fished a couple hours because we knew the power squadron would be out in full force. Trolled crank baits and landed 4 different species. took home a perch and walleye. Had a few other bites we missed. Never took the time to Jig when we saw concentrations of fish because we were just trying to troll around and cover as much space as possible. Most concentrations of fish were in 20 to 40 feet of water and fish were suspended between 10 to 25 feet. Beautiful day and always amazing to be out with my sons!

Nice going, always great to get your kids out for a little fun fishing. So you caught perch, walleye and I'm guessing a trout or two for the four species? What was the water temps there?
Not sure about temps… I’m not good at keeping track of them and I should be better at it. Had 3 SMB, a bow, and the perch/walleye we kept.