Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Deer Creek Thursday 7/28
Got a late start and dawn was well established by the time I launched at the Island ramp. No wedge dock so I had to put on my hip boots for the launch. Realized I had left my Humminbird at home. Oh well got out bottom bouncing for walleyes. No walleyes but did catch one nice perch. Learning to use my Minn Kota foot controls, (my remote is with the Humminbird). Ok, heading to the last spot I was successful for walleyes, two different ski boats buzzed me, one did a u-turn around me. I decided to bag the bottom bouncing, and try for a smallie. I was about 50' from the bank, stationary, standing up in the boat, throwing a drop shot at the rocky shore. A boat was trolling near the shore, heading my way. I assumed they would go around me, but no, they started to go between me and the shore. I said, "are you really going to troll through here?" The woman driving gave me a dirty look, and did a 90+ deg. angry turn and went behind me. I am trying to force myself to not resort to trout gear, so I didn't take any. Last time up, I got into the walleyes pretty well, so I got cocky. Still a fun day, and I was fishing after all so, I'm not going to let rude people ruin that.
(07-29-2022, 11:49 AM)mule_skinner45 Wrote: Got a late start and dawn was well established by the time I launched at the Island ramp. No wedge dock so I had to put on my hip boots for the launch. Realized I had left my Humminbird at home. Oh well got out bottom bouncing for walleyes. No walleyes but did catch one nice perch. Learning to use my Minn Kota foot controls, (my remote is with the Humminbird). Ok, heading to the last spot I was successful for walleyes, two different ski boats buzzed me, one did a u-turn around me. I decided to bag the bottom bouncing, and try for a smallie. I was about 50' from the bank, stationary, standing up in the boat, throwing a drop shot at the rocky shore. A boat was trolling near the shore, heading my way. I assumed they would go around me, but no, they started to go between me and the shore. I said, "are you really going to troll through here?" The woman driving gave me a dirty look, and did a 90+ deg. Angry turn and went behind me. I am trying to force myself to not resort to trout gear, so I didn't take any. Last time up, I got into the walleyes pretty well, so I got cocky. Still a fun day, and I was fishing after all so, I'm not going to let rude people ruin that.

I always hate it when I forget stuff like that but at least you had a backup plan. Hard to understand why some people think their rights are more important than the rights of others and for it to be a follow fisherperson, it's hard to figure what is going through their mind. In general most fishermen and woman and not like that, thank goodness. What time did you get off the water and how was the parking at the island ramp?
Just be glad it wasn't ski boat pulling a skier! I had one try that, only the boat was going outside me and the skier was going inside me. I was a lot closer to shore than you were, abour 25yds, over under the tracks !! People are interesting !!
(07-29-2022, 04:04 PM)Therapist Wrote: Just be glad it wasn't ski boat pulling a skier!  I had one try that, only the boat was going outside me and the skier was going inside me.  I was a lot closer to shore than you were, abour 25yds, over under the tracks !!  People are interesting !!

I think if that happened to me, I'd use words other than interesting.
(07-29-2022, 04:04 PM)Therapist Wrote: Just be glad it wasn't ski boat pulling a skier!  I had one try that, only the boat was going outside me and the skier was going inside me.  I was a lot closer to shore than you were, abour 25yds, over under the tracks !!  People are interesting !!

I think if someone did that to me I'd raise my fillet knife and cut the rope before it took my head off!
The funny thing to me is I actually had a skier come up to me as I was cleaning up a couple days ago and wanted to make sure that we were good because he knew he was getting close to our boat. I told my boys I didn’t need to get excited because they are just trying to have fun and he was actually really cool. The funny thing is the past two times I’ve had issues it’s been with fellow fisherman. When I try to load my boat at the island ramp a kayak fisherman pulled his jeep right up next side my truck and forced me to pull the truck out sideways when pulling the boat out which everyone knows can turn the boat a little bit on the trailer. He got mad at me for not giving him extra room. I guess my idiot mind should have noticed that he parked his kayak there and given him plenty of room and all the Time in the world to load his gear. It’s amazing to me how selfish people have become. And this was not a young annoying kid this was a retired firefighter.
(07-29-2022, 06:14 PM)Redrebel Wrote: The funny thing to me is I actually had a skier come up to me as I was cleaning up a couple days ago and wanted to make sure that we were good because he knew he was getting close to our boat. I told my boys I didn’t need to get excited because they are just trying to have fun and he was actually really cool. The funny thing is the past two times I’ve had issues it’s been with fellow fisherman. When I try to load my boat at the island ramp a kayak fisherman pulled his jeep right up next side my truck and forced me to pull the truck out sideways when pulling the boat out  which everyone knows can turn the boat a little bit on the trailer. He got mad at me for not giving him extra room. I guess my idiot mind should have noticed that he parked his kayak there and given him plenty of room and all the Time in the world  to load his gear. It’s amazing to me how selfish people have become. And this was not a young annoying kid this was a retired firefighter.
We need to petition for DC to be even/odd wakeless days.
Or, cut the lake in half as wakeless.
Not just an imaginary line either, it needs buoys in a line like the State Line buoys at Lucerne.