Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Strawberry help
Taking the family and dogs to strawberry next week. I’ve never targeted Kokanee and have only caught one there by chance. I have a downrigger setup and am open to any suggestions and or tips. One question I have is what is a good jig for strawberry if I am able to find a school? Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.
(07-29-2022, 08:51 PM)Redrebel Wrote: Taking the family and dogs to strawberry next week. I’ve never targeted Kokanee and have only caught one there by chance. I have a downrigger setup and am open to any suggestions and or tips. One question I have is what is a good jig for strawberry if I am able to find a school? Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Go here this is a wealth of knowledge.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LqI-pTwY6k&t=331s
(07-29-2022, 08:51 PM)Redrebel Wrote: Taking the family and dogs to strawberry next week. I’ve never targeted Kokanee and have only caught one there by chance. I have a downrigger setup and am open to any suggestions and or tips. One question I have is what is a good jig for strawberry if I am able to find a school? Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

it's been very tough up there for koke fishing even the pros are only pulling out a couple a day . they are 30 to 45 feet deep right now ,and seem to like pink or green/orange squids . good luck.
Kokes have been tough for me and the guys I fished with. We fished a little Friday Sat and Sunday
Between 3 boats fishing a few hours (we were mostly camping chilling and doing a crawfish boil)
We got a number of incidental cutts, a few rainbows mostly small, 3 or 4 decent rainbows up to about 17”, but only averaged about 1 koke per boat per session we fished. We tried the usual spots we have always done well and tried a few other spots away from others. It was tough! In past years similar time fishing we would limit on kokes. Seemed like we found kokes on finder but not much action. Even the cutts and bows seemed off to us. Best depth when we did get kokes for us was 35 to 40 feet.
Good luck hope you do well!
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Thanks again for those who responded, the seminar link was awesome and provided a ton of info. Most info I got once I got up to strawberry @ the tackle shop was similar to what I got on here and that’s the kokes slowed way down a couple weeks ago.
We tried a few areas and I got the same results as others. Lots of cuts and some beautiful bows. Most fish were caught at 30-35 feet. Trolled 1.4 for kokes and 1.8 when we went after the bows. Surface temp was 68-69.

[Image: 21-AFB2-E4-64-C6-428-A-BD4-A-18-ACD9152-FC9.jpg]

[Image: 492-E2-A9-C-059-F-4596-80-DC-3966-F7-C72-CF0.jpg]

[Image: EE63988-D-9511-4227-BC4-F-B54-F5925-B6-F4.jpg]