Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best day of cats for us in a while
Nothing special but we caught 11 near provo state park.  Got on water about 8:45 and got catching at 9:15, that was me.  Devon started at 9:26. Then it went back and forth for the 2 hours we were out there. We were tied at 5 fish a piece at 10:40. Now we have an on going bet for amt dew for most fish caught and biggest fish.  Well turd head was beating me for biggest at 28 5". It was 1/8" short of 29", but what does he do he catches one at 10:45 and not only catches one but successfully gets one of my lines tangled up in his as he's reeling in.  So he knocks me out of the running haha its OK I'm glad to see the kids catching and having friendly competition with them adds some excitement.  Like I said nothing special,  not a20-30 fish day like some but better than the 2-3 fish days our last 5 trips have been maybe more.  And I got to spend a couple hours with Devon. Oh btw he pulled the boat home from Springville to Santaquin which is his first time pulling a trailer. Very proud dad
[Image: 20220803-095550.jpg]
Sounds like a great morning with Devon! Between 8:45 and 10:45 you got 11 and that is over 5 cats and hour. That's pretty good cattin anytime!

Thanks for the report and picture.

I forgot to say it looks like you are getting your new ride well outfitted for chasing cats!
Good going Justin. Glad to learn that you are back at it again. Keep at it, they are out there, the big ones that is.

I really miss the times I had to spend with my son so make the best of every opportunity you have.

rj
(08-04-2022, 05:40 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Sounds like a great morning with Devon! Between 8:45 and 10:45 you got 11 and that is over 5 cats and hour. That's pretty good cattin anytime!

Thanks for the report and picture.

I forgot to say it looks like you are getting your new ride well outfitted for chasing cats!

Ya wish we could of had more time but it was 1. Heating up 2. Devon had to go get ready for work, baseball and girlfriend doesn't keep him busy enough lol. I should add Devon caught all his on a flait and I caught all mine on blue/silver flig trolling 0.8-1.2 all on jello chicken.

(08-04-2022, 09:46 PM)Mr. J Wrote: Good going Justin. Glad to learn that you are back at it again. Keep at it, they are out there, the big ones that is.

I really miss the times I had to spend with my son so make the best of every opportunity you have.

rj

I wish all my kids were fisherman. They all go at odd times but don't all enjoy it. Devon does. I spent my childhood golfing with my parents and since I can't do that anymore I was hoping my kids would adopt fishing better than they have but I cherish it and I know one day they will.
(08-04-2022, 04:15 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Nothing special but we caught 11 near provo state park.  Got on water about 8:45 and got catching at 9:15, that was me.  Devon started at 9:26. Then it went back and forth for the 2 hours we were out there. We were tied at 5 fish a piece at 10:40. Now we have an on going bet for amt dew for most fish caught and biggest fish.  Well turd head was beating me for biggest at 28 5". It was 1/8" short of 29", but what does he do he catches one at 10:45 and not only catches one but successfully gets one of my lines tangled up in his as he's reeling in.  So he knocks me out of the running haha its OK I'm glad to see the kids catching and having friendly competition with them adds some excitement.  Like I said nothing special,  not a20-30 fish day like some but better than the 2-3 fish days our last 5 trips have been maybe more.  And I got to spend a couple hours with Devon.  Oh btw he pulled the boat home from Springville to Santaquin which is his first time pulling a trailer.  Very  proud dad
[Image: 20220803-095550.jpg]
Isn't it the best when our Spawn outfishes us and seeing the expression on their face is the best thing in the world!!  Way to go