Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Yuba help?
Been thinkin' about a kayak trip down to Yuba just for a change of pace. An earlier post noted that there was still fishable water and even some smaller boats launching near the dam. I talked to a distant relative who had a fun time catching catfish, carp, perch, carp, wipers, and carp a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like fun in a kayak. Any help? bait to use, stuff like that?
Obliged. 
BLK
(08-05-2022, 01:51 AM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Been thinkin' about a kayak trip down to Yuba just for a change of pace. An earlier post noted that there was still fishable water and even some smaller boats launching near the dam. I talked to a distant relative who had a fun time catching catfish, carp, perch, carp, wipers, and carp a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like fun in a kayak. Any help? bait to use, stuff like that?
Obliged. 
BLK
Had a report from a non BFTer last week.  He and his son kayaked right in front of the dam and caught about 30 wipers and several other species.  He was using 3" Gulp Minnows...white or chartreuse shad...on 1/8 oz. heads.  But fishing worms by themselves or on a jig will also get plenty of attention.
Thanks Pat. Guess I should have known I could get the info I needed just by contacting you. Again, I'm beholdin' to ya. 
Lynn
Just got back from Yuba this week. Best bait was just a worm. We caught wipers, carp, and walleye. Early morning and evening bite was the best. Good Luck.
(08-05-2022, 03:09 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Thanks Pat. Guess I should have known I could get the info I needed just by contacting you. Again, I'm beholdin' to ya. 
Lynn

Good luck.  Looking forward to your report.  I suspect that the fish are so crowded up in the low water...with so little food...they will probably hit about anything.  Even green jello? 

I am codgertatin' launching off the rocks at Lincoln Point early next week sometime.
(08-05-2022, 04:15 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 03:09 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Thanks Pat. Guess I should have known I could get the info I needed just by contacting you. Again, I'm beholdin' to ya. 
Lynn

Good luck.  Looking forward to your report.  I suspect that the fish are so crowded up in the low water...with so little food...they will probably hit about anything.  Even green jello? 

I am codgertatin' launching off the rocks at Lincoln Point early next week sometime.

Lemme know.
My buddy went down yesterday and was on his boat, 15 fow by the dam and only 5-7' In the narrows area. 1 cat 1 eye on bottom bouncers.