Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Utah lake 8/6/22
Took Lil_Riggs and his cousin out on UL sat launched from ULSP water was rough all morning.  However good day for Cats. 

[Image: IMG-1531.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1538.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1532.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1521.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1541.jpg]

between the three of us, we lost track after 13 with a couple of double hookups.  All caught on tiger fligs and spinning flig (TD special)
[Image: IMG-1526-1.jpg]

biggest was 30.10 with none under 24". 

[Image: IMG-1522.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1529.jpg]

yet another A hole flew by us nearly swamping us this time I got his bow number and reported it but he had already left the State Park.  Ranger said they would keep eye out for them.

[Image: IMG-1545.jpg]
Well done, son.  Good to hear those buzz blade fligs are working for you.  I've been getting some love on them too.  And I have a new line of shorter body ones I plan to try tomorrow at Lincoln Beach. 

Always great to get the young lads on some big fish too.
(08-08-2022, 03:27 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Well done, son.  Good to hear those buzz blade fligs are working for you.  I've been getting some love on them too.  And I have a new line of shorter body ones I plan to try tomorrow at Lincoln Beach. 

Yes, it is pretty exciting to watch them fight the Cats.  Colin my nephew has never caught a cat in his life.  Safe to say he is hooked.  That one buzz blade got so much use it bent LOL!
Thanks for the great report and the pictures! I'm glad you guys had a lot of fun. I was out there on Saturday as well with a boat load of grandkids. We got 5, No 30's, but the average length was over 27 so there lots of tugging and grunting by the young ones. After we had one cat for each kid and I took them back to the harbor and traded them for a buddy. The two of us went farther away and fished until late afternoon. If you think the water was rough the morning, be glad you didn't stay for the afternoon! It switched to NW winds about over 20 MPH. Even in the larger boat we got soaked coming back in!

I have to get the pictures from my son and then I can post a proper report.

Keep up the great work!
(08-08-2022, 03:41 PM)big_griggs Wrote:
(08-08-2022, 03:27 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Well done, son.  Good to hear those buzz blade fligs are working for you.  I've been getting some love on them too.  And I have a new line of shorter body ones I plan to try tomorrow at Lincoln Beach. 

Yes, it is pretty exciting to watch them fight the Cats.  Colin my nephew has never caught a cat in his life.  Safe to say he is hooked.  That one buzz blade got so much use it bent LOL!
Some problems are better to have than others. 

PS...I know the guy who makes those things.
awesome job and great pics.