Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rockport question
I was thinking of trying to go catch some bass. I was wondering if it would be worth the drive to pass Deer creek and go to Rockport to avoid the crowds or does anyone know how crowded it gets at Rockport or how the fishing has been.
(08-09-2022, 12:22 AM)qsilver Wrote: I was thinking of trying to go catch some bass. I was wondering if it would be worth the drive to pass Deer creek and go to Rockport to avoid the crowds or does anyone know how crowded it gets at Rockport or how the fishing has been.

Last week when we were there a boat was launching just before us and he was there to bass fish. We never talked to him before we left but he said he had been there before, in July, so I doubt he would have come back if the catching was poor. Not many people there, compared to DC. Sorry I don't have more info for you.
(08-09-2022, 01:31 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 12:22 AM)qsilver Wrote: I was thinking of trying to go catch some bass. I was wondering if it would be worth the drive to pass Deer creek and go to Rockport to avoid the crowds or does anyone know how crowded it gets at Rockport or how the fishing has been.

Last week when we were there a boat was launching just before us and he was there to bass fish. We never talked to him before we left but he said he had been there before, in July, so I doubt he would have come back if the catching was poor. Not many people there, compared to DC. Sorry I don't have more info for you.

Thanks that helps I appreciate your help