Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rockin' at Jordanelle this A.M. 8-8-22
Well, it didn't start rockin' right away..matter of fact it was downright pleasurable on this near windless morning here on Jordy, 'til about 0930....That's when the wrecking crew started showing up..first maybe a half dozen, then soon twice that, then three times, etc. etc....the worst today must be some tour guided, thrill riding, hopped up pontoon pushers...at least 3 out there appeared to be from the same group...full of 'clients', going as fast as they can (and they Were fast), zig-zagging thru the fishing boats, doing figure 8's, anything to give their riders a thrill...What a joke...Of course, all the usual wreck-reational craft were there also, churning as much as possible...However.... we had started trolling by 0630, had my first in the net 0645, then my buddy connected on a nice 'bow...a little later another good sized silver for me, and before we left, 2 larger hook-jawed pink drakes filled my bag...1100 we were out of there, as the churn 'n burn crowd was nasty...I hope school starts REAL soon.
I was hoping this would be about rockin the kokes because you caught so many but one limit isn't bad with that kind of power squad all around.
How deep were you finding them Joe? Did you get my text?
Didn't get a text...maybe you sent it to my land line? and that's voice only..text (cell) is the 385-499-xxxx number, which you should have...All my kokes were deeper..33' early, then 40ish...Guess we should have by-passed RP last week and came here, but you never know if we're not trying something different once in awhile...This was probably my last trip/report on Jordanelle for the year, as those males (especially) were turning..and it won't be long for the flesh to start deteriorating...if you're simply there for 'catch and release' at this time of the season, we all need to realize that it's more like 'catch and release and kill', because of the warmer surface temps (72/73) and because their bodies are in early spawning mode...IMO, you could ethically harvest a few this next week yet, but then I think we should not be targeting them after that, and just let them try to do their thing, and maybe we'd be helping to protect the resource for future years...JMO, of course...There are some nice rainbows there, mostly in the 10 to 20 ft depth...
(08-10-2022, 03:12 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Didn't get a text...maybe you sent it to my land line? and that's voice only..text (cell) is the 385-499-xxxx number, which you should have...All my kokes were deeper..33' early, then 40ish...Guess we should have by-passed RP last week and came here, but you never know if we're not trying something different once in awhile...This was probably my last trip/report on Jordanelle for the year, as those males (especially) were turning..and it won't be long for the flesh to start deteriorating...if you're simply there for 'catch and release' at this time of the season, we all need to realize that it's more like 'catch and release and kill', because of the warmer surface temps (72/73) and because their bodies are in early spawning mode...IMO, you could ethically harvest a few this next week yet, but then I think we should not be targeting them after that, and just let them try to do their thing, and maybe we'd be helping to protect the resource for future years...JMO, of course...There are some nice rainbows there, mostly in the 10 to 20 ft depth...

You are right, I sent the text to your land line but I just tried calling both your numbers and I got a busy signal. Same thing happened the other day went I sent the text.

I smoke then bottle my kokes, so I have no problem with them being pink or even red for that matter but I do draw the line when they are turning white, after they have spawned. IMO there are always enough of them left to ensure a good spawn, so keeping them this late, even up to the time when the DWR close it, for keeping them, in not a problem but we all have our limits.