Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Otter Creek
Spent a few days last week at Otter Creek fishing and trail riding. The lake is way low, the camp host said about 15% left. He was concerned that they might drain it all the way. Koosharem was way low and Paiute is empty. The fishing at Otter Creek was good for rainbows and some that I caught were strong enough to snap my 6lb line. I ended up having to go way loose on the drag. Some of the bigger ones I caught had sores on them from the hot water. No luck on the wipers or other fish but I didn't spend a lot of time at it. Let's hope we get more rain and good snow this coming winter. I wish the DNR had purchase a conservation pool on these lakes.
Wow, that is low, glad you got a few nice bows. Were we fishing from shore?
man 15 percent is crazy low. I just came from Rockport and Echo - they are still holding very good levels.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-09-2022, 11:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, that is low, glad you got a few nice bows. Were we fishing from shore?

From the shore, hard to haul a boat and the UTV trailer.
I've seen it done, with a small canoe, but I get your point.
Is the ramp even usable for boats?
I'd think 15% it would not even be in the water.
(08-11-2022, 04:19 PM)PACMEN Wrote: Is the ramp even usable for boats?

That is what I was thinking as well and launching a small boat from shore must be a mess if the shore is muddy.
(08-11-2022, 04:19 PM)PACMEN Wrote: Is the ramp even usable for boats?

The private ramp near the dam is out of the water but the state park ramp is still fine.