Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rockport perch
Hey, remember us. Still around despite the rumors

Finally got a few things taken care of and was able to get back to the water. Quick run over to Rockport to check on the perch action

East side, evening run. Pugly perch bugs tipped with a worm about 3 inches off the bottom bounced in slowly. Good action on some decent sized perch and a few smallies of rather limited size. Got a couple at 12 inches and a bunch of 9-11s. 

Gopro bit the dust so video action was limited but I got a little with the cell phone - enough for a short video.

did not have my chirp so no water temps or depth but that area is normally 7-32 ft of water. Lots of minnows hiding in the rocks. Enjoyed watching them play. Fished the rocky to mud flat transitions - they moved over it like clock work.

see ya out there

https://youtu.be/CPpHATgQWE8

[Image: 20220809-193948.jpg]

[Image: 20220809-201519.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-10-2022, 04:11 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Hey, remember us. Still around despite the rumors

Finally got a few things taken care of and was able to get back to the water. Quick run over to Rockport to check on the perch action

East side, evening run. Pugly perch bugs tipped with a worm about 3 inches off the bottom bounced in slowly. Good action on some decent sized perch and a few smallies of rather limited size. Got a couple at 12 inches and a bunch of 9-11s. 

Gopro bit the dust so video action was limited but I got a little with the cell phone - enough for a short video.

did not have my chirp so no water temps or depth but that area is normally 7-32 ft of water. Lots of minnows hiding in the rocks. Enjoyed watching them play. Fished the rocky to mud flat transitions - they moved over it like clock work.

see ya out there

Nice perch, at least those bigger ones, lol. Were you down at the end of the capming area, where we meet you last year? Pretty amazing how high the water level is this year compared to last year.
(08-10-2022, 01:03 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 04:11 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Hey, remember us. Still around despite the rumors

see ya out there

Nice perch, at least those bigger ones, lol. Were you down at the end of the capming area, where we meet you last year? Pretty amazing how high the water level is this year compared to last year.

No we were fishing closer to the inlet this time. There is a pullout that we walk down and then hike over to the structure and bays we like, but I can't recall the name of it
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
OK, I wasn't sure but I know where you are talking about now, where Joe and I were, was just a little closer to that camp ground,but not far from shore there.