Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jordanelle Thursday (11th)
Launched at about 6:15. Trolled for Kokanee/Trout with dodgers etc. No takers. I was dying to try out my new baitcast reel. First time fishing with a baitcaster, and yes, I did create some bird nests, but the Pfleuger President XT had me casting pretty good with a little practice I was concentrating on the fishing, not the backlash. Ended up with a couple of smallies on a Yamamoto worm. Fun fun fishing with the new stuff. Slow day, but beautiful sunrise, and hey, I was fishing so it had to be a good day.
(08-11-2022, 08:30 PM)mule_skinner45 Wrote: Launched at about 6:15. Trolled for Kokanee/Trout with dodgers etc. No takers. I was dying to try out my new baitcast reel. First time fishing with a baitcaster, and yes, I did create some bird nests, but the Pfleuger President XT had me casting pretty good with a little practice I was concentrating on the fishing, not the backlash. Ended up with a couple of smallies on a Yamamoto worm. Fun fun fishing with the new stuff. Slow day, but beautiful sunrise, and hey, I was fishing so it had to be a good day.

What area of the lake were you fishing? How long were you trolling before you started bait casting? Good to hear you got some smallies, any size to them?