Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Strawberry Reservoir Kokanee Fishing
Check out our latest video of kokanee fishing at Strawberry reservoir.  Managed to get a couple of limits before the heat became unbearable.  Paulina Peak Chelan Sunrise dodger and orange cootie did the most damage.  With the Paulina Peak Moon Jelly with Multi colored micro hoochie a close second. Thank you everyone for your support.  We sure enjoy fishing and then bringing it to you for your enjoyment.  Until next time we hope to see you on the water.

https://youtu.be/T0xtiJ5EBt8

[Image: Strawberry-Reservoir-Kokanee-Fishing-Thumbnail.jpg]
Thanks for sharing. I just started targeting kokes and my son got super interested as well. We have lost a ton of fish on the last 2 trips and from watching your video I see why. We are pulling way to hard on the release. You guys seem a lot smoother. Something for us to work on. Care to share depth?
(08-12-2022, 03:33 PM)Redrebel Wrote: Thanks for sharing. I just started targeting kokes and my son got super interested as well. We have lost a ton of fish on the last 2 trips and from watching your video I see why. We are pulling way to hard on the release. You guys seem a lot smoother. Something for us to work on. Care to share depth?

Sure, I was out on Wednesday and caught them at 38-46 ft deep.  Use a bigger dodger if you have them, 6-7in, and shorten your leader to around 8in or so.  They are starting to go into spawn mode so you gotta piss them off to get them to bite.  Good luck!

[Image: PXL-20220810-180327891.jpg]
Nice kokes, how long is that biggest one?
(08-12-2022, 05:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice kokes, how long is that biggest one?

22in long and 3.5lbs. ?
(08-12-2022, 05:14 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 05:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice kokes, how long is that biggest one?

22in long and 3.5lbs. ?

Wow, that is a good one, too bad there aren't more of them.
(08-12-2022, 08:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 05:14 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:

22in long and 3.5lbs. ?

Wow, that is a good one, too bad there aren't more of them.
They're in there and bigger. Saw a 5+ pounder was caught a couple of days ago. The guides up there are catching 4 pounders regularly. Just gotta find them.