Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Rapids
Hoping to find some recent info on the Bell Rapids section of the Snake River in Hagerman. It is a section between two dams. 
I am seeing a letter to IFG from 2012 mentioning this section not having any Sturgeon. I  am also seeing they are recently stocking it with Sturgeon.
How long have they been stocking Sturgeon there? Are there any big Sturgeon in this section? Seems I remember some posts about this section years ago (Idaho Ron)??) but not seeing anything coming up in the search. Usually access the river at Branberry or Thousand & wanting to try something different. 
Also wondering about catfish this far upstream. 
Any tips or pointers or info would be appreciated.
Haven't done much posting or even fishing for a few years but will try & remember to post a follow up report if we make this trip. Thanks
I sent dtayboyz an email about your question, here is his response:
Largemouth
Trout
Sturgeon 
Beautiful water
Wake boats are a problem afternoon.
(08-14-2022, 03:29 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I sent dtayboyz an email about your question, here is his response:
Largemouth
Trout
Sturgeon 
Beautiful water

Awesome. Thank you.
I was wondering about the boats. 
I remember dtaboyz, his posts and his sharing his knowledge
I know he helped me with info and insights more than once and also just from his posts. 
Let him know Thank You please.
(08-16-2022, 06:16 AM)lucabrasi Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 03:29 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I sent dtayboyz an email about your question, here is his response:
Largemouth
Trout
Sturgeon 
Beautiful water

Awesome. Thank you.
I was wondering about the boats. 
I remember dtaboyz, his posts and his sharing his knowledge
I know he helped me with info and insights more than once and also just from his posts. 
Let him know Thank You please.
I'll let him know. I guess with all the upturn in the RV bussiness he is staying real busy now, so his fishing days a few these days.
Forgot to post a follow up.
Not much to report. It was real smokey and hot when we were there but it was worth checking out. Fishing was slow, tried for some sturgeon and bass without much luck. We will go back but it doesn't have any real qualities to make it stand out over other access points we go to. 
Thanks again for the info.
(06-12-2023, 03:45 PM)lucabrasi Wrote: Forgot to post a follow up.
Not much to report. It was real smokey and hot when we were there but it was worth checking out. Fishing was slow, tried for some sturgeon and bass without much luck. We will go back but it doesn't have any real qualities to make it stand out over other access points we go to. 
Thanks again for the info.

Thanks for the report, hopefully you find some other spots that are better.