Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer of Misdirection
Man I have really blown it this year. Since the flotilla on May 14th I’ve been out 3 times and each time has been to take kids fishing, from nephews to neighbors it’s been my only escape to get on the pond. Since the trips have been for the kids I haven’t really fished, but last trip I did get some fun showing them what to do. 

[Image: D82-C869-C-4-BDD-42-CE-B001-46-EB0-CF6-BF94.jpg]

Looks like I need to transfer some photos from my phone, but we caught a few to help redeem my summer even if Josh did get the 19” LMB. The smallies were an aerial blast. Man they are fun. Had a cat bust my braid while I wasn’t looking. Good thing it didn’t take my pole too. Hoping to find more time away from the farmers market to catch a few more before ice. Later J

[Image: A653-DFEF-8-BA7-407-E-808-D-4312375972-BF.jpg]

[Image: 8874-F133-4-D2-A-4-C41-A3-FA-56-B2-CAB55901.jpg]

[Image: 98-B74737-7-D11-4-A65-9-E54-D599-B524910-F.jpg]

[Image: 5-EDAB3-AC-DD08-478-F-AD61-496-EA4-B2-A578.jpg]
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Hey Jeff,
It's really hard to believe that using your time to take kids fishing is blowing it. You are doing a great work for the future. It is nice once in a while to get out on your own though. I hope you can get more time away diring the late summer/fall...."Fall is for Fishing!
Dam, that looks like a pretty nice summer, looks like everyone had fun.
Life has a way of getting in the way of fishing plans but I'm glad you got out at least a few times. Looks like you had some fun at least, even if the kids and neighbor were catching all the fish.
Those are some nice fish Jeff.  Taking kids fishing is a blast for sure.
(08-15-2022, 07:18 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Hey Jeff,
It's really hard to believe that using your time to take kids fishing is blowing it. You are doing a great work for the future. It is nice once in a while to get out on your own though. I hope you can get more time away diring the late summer/fall...."Fall is for Fishing!

Hey Jim I didn’t mean taking kids was blowing it, that was my only redemption from no fishing, which was what I meant when I said I blew the summer. I was lucky to have the kids give me an excuse to go fish. They saved my summer. It has been a blast to see their joy at pulling in mud cats. (Yellow bellies, bullheads or whatever they are called) Josh and the bass trip was the high light of the summer because he was so shocked when those bass grabbed his lure. His eyes were as big as saucers. Reminded me of myself. Fun times and I’m sure hoping I make it out a bit more often this fall. Been spoiled in the past so I’m just whining this summer. Sorry I didn’t say that clearly. Later Jeff

(08-16-2022, 01:03 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Dam, that looks like a pretty nice summer, looks like everyone had fun.

I think the fates rewarded us beyond our ability for one trip hitting the best fish ever in this boat under my ownership. Even better than our best ice fish after the full season. I won’t expect that again, but was sure nice since we haven’t gotten out. Made up for the lack of quantity over the season. Don’t know why the new fishermen school me so bad all the time. Took my nephew on the ice last winter and his first LMB was 18.5”, Josh’s first LMB was 19”. I fished all winter and my best was 14”.  Cool that they get good ones though, they are so excited. Probably ruined them for life, they are bound to be fishing addics Later J

(08-16-2022, 02:39 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Life has a way of getting in the way of fishing plans but I'm glad you got out at least a few times. Looks like you had some fun at least, even if the kids and neighbor were catching all the fish.

Hey Curt, thanks for the well wish, it was really nice to get out. The new to me boat is sure nice for doing trips like this and having room for everyone and not having to limp home with some kind of boat issue. I may not have much time on the boat but it has made that time, good time. It’s nice to actually dare take others and not fear swimming home. Later J

(08-16-2022, 02:46 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Those are some nice fish Jeff.  Taking kids fishing is a blast for sure.

Thanks Paul, they are your bait size fish, but they were fun for us to play with. Something about the way they go airborne that just clicks my excitement button. I didn’t ever get in on the days of 20+” smallies on Pineview so to me a 17”er is pretty dang fun. I got two that size so it made my summer for me. I know I need to find some cats to help get team north back in the contest, but a little nitrous fighting is fun too. Maybe next trip I’ll find the torquey cats to play with. Thanks for your reply. J
A little is better then non and I know talking this spring you had a very very full plate in front of you this summer and it looks like the effort is paying off based on the FB posts. Those are some quality fish way to make the minimal time on the water pay off plus the kids Smile and “eyes” will always be a fond memory
That is for sure the good memories that will last... Still got a lot of stuff to get taken care of before snow fall, but things are progressing... Sure appreciate those goodies you got for my boat... The one's I have installed are really being enjoyed... Wish I could take a week and just work on the boat, but that probably won't happen, so I'll do what I can and have fun with it... When do you switch over to the hunts verses the fishing? Hope you have some fun hunts this fall... My brother ended up drawing a goat tag, he's the lucky one in the family, got his 380 elk, a moose and now a goat... Me I'm the one with 20 plus points for everything that never draws... Be fun to hunt again before I get too old to do it... But guess I'll fish this fall... I do have a deer tag, so I'll chase it the end of September... love getting out, even if it's mostly for a camping trip... Well be safe and have some fun on the hills... Later J
Mid September I’ll start with Archery in Wyoming. Glad your able to use the boat stuff, it was just going to collect dust lol. Dang he got the touch, where is the goat tag for
I think its on the LaSal unit, but I forget which one it is for sure... Archery in Wyoming sounds tough, good luck on that one... Glad you're in good shape, so you can get where you need to.. Hope the weather is good for the hunt.. Later J