Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHEATS
Saw this on the news yesterday. I wonder how long they got away with this with other tournaments. Language is graphic in video.

Fishermen nearly won a tournament. Then weights were found in the fish. (msn.com)
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I'm guessing that's probably how they won the other tournaments too.
I saw that yesterday as well, IMO they should be banned from fishing tournaments for life and all past tournament moneies should be given back, if that is possible.
Doing something like that says a lot about their personal character.
Be nice if they could do that, but since they didn't get caught cheating then, which I'm sure they did, would be hard to prove.
(10-03-2022, 03:25 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Be nice if they could do that, but since they didn't get caught cheating then, which I'm sure they did, would be hard to prove.

Agreed
I believe that they've also won boats, pickups and sponsorships from a lot of places.
Yeah, sickening.  If something (or someone) is too good to be true, it (he/she) probably is...

jack of all tackle, master of none
Looks like they actually did something about the cheat:
https://news.yahoo.com/mercer-county-man...39835.html
Thanks for posting that, Curt. I heard something over the news earlier in the day yesterday but didn't quite catch all. Its going to be interesting to see how they get prosecuted for their mischiefs and how far back it can go into previous tourneys. There is a lot of outrage being heard from sportsmen throughout the country.
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(10-13-2022, 12:32 PM)Bduck Wrote: Thanks for posting that, Curt. I heard something over the news earlier in the day yesterday but didn't quite catch all. Its going to be interesting to see how they get prosecuted for their mischiefs and how far back it can go into previous tourneys. There is a lot of outrage being heard from sportsmen throughout the country.

No problem Roger, I thought it might be of interest to a few of us. I agree, it will be interesting how far they take this.
It will be interesting to see what happens, hopefully large fines, jail time and loss of hunting/fishing privelages for life at the least.
Makes me wonder how those two are going to move on after this? It's been such a national outrage that I'll bet they'll find it hard to find a job after ruining their reputations... Maybe they can go into politics or something like that... Or maybe they'll be doing jail time, so they won't need a job... Suspect they won't be doing much competitive fishing after this one...

Kind of crazy that they tainted their bag as much as they did, I'll bet they found they were getting away with smaller additions in the past and kept pushing a little more weight all the time since they got away with it the previous time... But to add over 8 lbs to five fish, that's starting to get a little too obvious and I guess that's why they were caught... I heard they would have won the contest even without adding the weights... Makes you wonder if they might have been stashing fish in sunken caches and picking them up on game day... Just seems like if they were able to catch the fish they had been entering they must have been pretty good fisherman, so makes ya wonder what corrupted them? Was it the money or reputations they sold their soles for??? Well guess it backfired pretty big time... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Here's an update which sounds like is moving on to a trial. 

Big Decision Made In The Viral Professional Fishing Scandal (msn.com)
Harrisville UT