Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon info?
Any recent intel on trolling East Canyon? My grandson is here on leave from Air Force for a week, and I need to get him, his Dad, and me out this Monday A.M....we'll probably troll crankbaits, squids, and spoons tipped with nite crawler or maggots...just wondering if any of you are starting to have success there yet...tks...
(10-08-2022, 04:19 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: Any recent intel on trolling East Canyon? My grandson is here on leave from Air Force for a week, and I need to get him, his Dad, and me out this Monday A.M....we'll probably troll crankbaits, squids, and spoons tipped with nite crawler or maggots...just wondering if any of you are starting to have success there yet...tks...
I'm not much help for the trolling part but when I fished it on September 30 from my tube I found the fish to be in the upper part of the water column.  I was using a medium sink fly line with about 55' of line out so I was fishing about 12' - 15' down.  I caught both rainbows and smallmouth in the southern part of the reservoir, south from Taylor Hollow.

Good luck when you go.
Oct 8, 22 
On the water at daybreak trolled #7 brokeback rainbow  Rapala on lead core out 100' and hooked up right out of the marina.  Good action up high till 9:00.  Switched to kokanee gear down 30' and ended the day with 2 limits of bows.  Biggest was 18". Hope that helps.   Good luck.
[Image: 20221008-131755.jpg]
Tks guys....hope to give a report if all works as planned and we actually make it there...
(10-09-2022, 04:43 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Tks guys....hope to give a report if all works as planned and we actually make it there...
Joe,

I'm heading up there in just a few minutes.  I'll let you know how we do.  ?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."