Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport perchin' today
Fished solo from 10-2pm.  Water 60-61.  Tried the dam area where we thrashed 'em last time, but did only so-so there, and I worked the entire face from 15-45'.  One here, one there, so moved to those rock buttresses south of the ramp and did much better.  17-25'.  Even some 11-13" smallies in the mix.  Slowly rolling 4" grub and drop-shotting shade-shapes produced the bigger perch, some to 12".  Gorgeous day on the water and just a ripple.  Here's hoping the perch hang around a while before the next front.  No problems at the ramp, eventho a few inches of silt in the dropzone.
Thanks for your post, I'm going in the morning. Solo to. Think I'll start on the road side. I'll let you know.
(10-12-2022, 10:54 PM)perchinski Wrote: Fished solo from 10-2pm.  Water 60-61.  Tried the dam area where we thrashed 'em last time, but did only so-so there, and I worked the entire face from 15-45'.  One here, one there, so moved to those rock buttresses south of the ramp and did much better.  17-25'.  Even some 11-13" smallies in the mix.  Slowly rolling 4" grub and drop-shotting shade-shapes produced the bigger perch, some to 12".  Gorgeous day on the water and just a ripple.  Here's hoping the perch hang around a while before the next front.  No problems at the ramp, eventho a few inches of silt in the dropzone.
Hey I am glad to hear you made it out Mike. You know like I know somedays can be off the charts and somedays can make you wonder if you are a true fisherman lol. Me and my partner we go a lot of days because it is a day we have available and the weather is beautiful. When the high is in. We try to make sure we take the grand kids on the high producing days. To make them feel like reel fisher men if you know what I mean Wink I fished it 4 times in the last couple of weeks. I'm still seeing that 35 to 45 feet of water is most Productive for us. Hey and the fillet station is still open thats a plus. And a heated shitter it don't get no better than that. Glen
(10-13-2022, 02:51 AM)Pikeman 99 Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 10:54 PM)perchinski Wrote: Fished solo from 10-2pm.  Water 60-61.  Tried the dam area where we thrashed 'em last time, but did only so-so there, and I worked the entire face from 15-45'.  One here, one there, so moved to those rock buttresses south of the ramp and did much better.  17-25'.  Even some 11-13" smallies in the mix.  Slowly rolling 4" grub and drop-shotting shade-shapes produced the bigger perch, some to 12".  Gorgeous day on the water and just a ripple.  Here's hoping the perch hang around a while before the next front.  No problems at the ramp, eventho a few inches of silt in the dropzone.
Hey I am glad to hear you made it out Mike. You know like I know somedays can be off the charts and somedays can make you wonder if you are a true fisherman lol. Me and my partner we go a lot of days because it is a day we have available and the weather is beautiful. When the high is in. We try to make sure we take the grand kids on the high producing days. To make them feel like reel fisher men if you know what I mean Wink I fished it 4 times in the last couple of weeks. I'm still seeing that 35 to 45 feet of water is most Productive for us. Hey and the fillet station is still open thats a plus. And a heated shitter it don't get no better than that. Glen

Just got off RP RESERVOIR.   Good morning till 11. Then wind started  and another boat came by ask how is it.  Told him I have 6 or 7.
He found my school on the point and dropped down his spotlock. I never caught another.
Moved to another spor and 1 hour later here he came.
 Nice  size and good till 11 then the schools wouldn't bite. They have covered the fish cleaning station..

[Image: 20221013-090133.jpg]