Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC 10/15/2022
[Image: IMG-5984.jpg]

[Image: 20221015-115921.jpg]

[Image: 20221015-120157.jpg]

On the water at 7:30.  Fished Rapala's up high is usual for us at crack of dawn but they didn't want anything up high.   Switched to RMT Kokanee bahama sunrise dodgers and orange billed squids down 28, 30 and  a  large RMT plaid dodger and Kokanee killer down 40 all produced a nice set of bows for the smoker. Started at Taylors Hollow and trolled into the main body where we stayed till 11:00 when they whispered to me they they were done. Great day on the water with my daughter and her friend and son.  The young lad never fished before and he
wanted to for his 16th BD.
(10-15-2022, 09:28 PM)ReelMasta Wrote: On the water at 7:30.  Fished Rapala's up high is usual for us at crack of dawn but they didn't want anything up high.   Switched to RMT Kokanee bahama sunrise dodgers and orange billed squids down 28, 30 and  a  large RMT plaid dodger and Kokanee killer down 40 all produced a nice set of bows for the smoker. Started at Taylors Hollow and trolled into the main body where we stayed till 11:00 when they whispered to me they they were done. Great day on the water with my daughter and her friend and son.  The young lad never fished before and he
wanted to for his 16th BD.

Nice report and pics Scott. Did any of the bows have parasites in them?
A few healed sores but nice and fat fish.
(10-16-2022, 05:05 PM)ReelMasta Wrote: A few healed sores but nice and fat fish.

That place sure has changed in recent years, seems the bows now bigger but fewer in numbers. Hey Scott, have you ever caught any other fish species out of EC besides bows? I hear there are wipers, bass, crappie, even a couple of types of trout but the only thing I've ever caught there beside bows, is a tiger trout, I caught it years ago while ice fishing.
(10-16-2022, 07:00 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 05:05 PM)ReelMasta Wrote: A few healed sores but nice and fat fish.

That place sure has changed in recent years, seems the bows now bigger but fewer in numbers. Hey Scott, have you ever caught any other fish species out of EC besides bows? I hear there are wipers, bass, crappie, even a couple of types of trout but the only thing I've ever caught there beside bows, is a tiger trout, I caught it years ago while ice fishing.
I fished EC on September 30th and caught a four smallmouth and three rainbows.  The rainbows were nice healthy fish with no signs of having parasites.  

It had been five years since I fished there last and most of the rainbows I caught then had some parasites.

[Image: P1080205-2.jpg]

[Image: P1080207-2.jpg]

[Image: P1080210-2.jpg]

[Image: P1080218-2.jpg]

(10-16-2022, 07:00 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Curt i have caught small mouth bass and rainbows from EC. I have witnessed kokes and wipers caught and seen kokes spawn. Never seen a crappie pulled out but some very good fishermen that I trust claim to have netted a few.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew