Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry fishing
Has anyone been fishing the berry recently , I've been thinking about making a trip to Renegade .
Fished renegade yesterday from daylight to noon. We picked up around 20, all cutts, most in the slot.
(10-20-2022, 04:01 PM)brookie Wrote: Fished renegade yesterday from daylight to noon. We picked up around 20, all cutts, most in the slot.

Thank you , that's what I was looking for.
Fished Renegade on the 13th and did well.
You won't be alone...Renegade has been getting hammered! Berry seems a little off compared to past years. We normally slay them in East Portal, and that was not the case last week...and the same being reported from lots of guys I talk to.
(10-21-2022, 04:11 PM)richyd4u Wrote: You won't be alone...Renegade has been getting hammered! Berry seems a little off compared to past years. We normally slay them in East Portal, and that was not the case last week...and the same being reported from lots of guys I talk to.

Oh I don't mind others being on the water so long as it's not really crowded.
(10-21-2022, 04:32 PM)AFDan52 Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 04:11 PM)richyd4u Wrote: You won't be alone...Renegade has been getting hammered! Berry seems a little off compared to past years. We normally slay them in East Portal, and that was not the case last week...and the same being reported from lots of guys I talk to.

Oh I don't mind others being on the water so long as it's not really crowded.

that's what I meant, crowded lol...but maybe it's slowed down some. You'll be fine if it's not a Sat you plan on going. Those fish have seen a few thousand tube jigs by now, haha!
Is there a certain reason why so many concentration of boats and tubers down by renegade, haws, and west bay of the marina?
Wednesday 19th. Thought I would try a little duck hunting. Launched at first light Strawberry Marina. Headed west from the ramp. It was foggy, thought I might as well put out a crankbait. The dang cutthroats would not leave me alone!. Didn't get to any duck hunting. Crankbaits near the surface were killing it. Big cutties. Decided to make it a research day and put on all the oddball stuff I had but hadn't fished. Caught fish on various lures until it warmed up and I decided to try out my new side planers (N E from the marina). Put a deep diving crankbait on one side and a shallow crank on the other. Doubled up and one was a nice Rainbow, (dinner). Trolled back to the marina and picked up a smaller rainbow, (also dinner), and The biggest cutthroat I have ever got in a net, (slot buster - still swimming). Overall a very fun day. I love that lake!