Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Gathering/Catfish contest prize awards
Now the contest is over we need to get some awards or at least congratulations out.. We are looking at Wednesday November 16th  at 5:30 PM for the gathering.  Will this time and date work?  If later would be better let me know or another day.  If this looks okay I'll line up a venue.. probably do the Layton area since it's fairly centrally located for most of the contestants... Since we don't have deep pockets we would request that all that attend be willing to purchase a meal as we gather and visit...  If you would like to make your tackle available for purchase at the event, we have done this on the down low in the past so the vendor won't ask for a percentage... (we like to be able to do this since it's easier than shipping stuff around but we recognize that the vendors probably don't want their location turned into a market place..) So if you could let us know what you would bring so those interested could have means with them to emburse you that would be great...  What else have I missed.. Oh yeah, please respond with the number of visitors that will be coming... (helps me get the correct size location) sometimes it earns us a discount if we have enough show up...  Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Jeff, I'm checking on availability for that night. I might have a business dinner, but would like to attend if not tied up. Not sure if I my wife will attend. Layton works for me.

jack of all tackle, master of none
Thanks Brett, doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, so keep in touch on whether we have this or not... Thanks Jeff
(11-03-2022, 04:24 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks Brett, doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, so keep in touch on whether we have this or not... Thanks Jeff

Since you just posted this thread yesterday, I think it's hard to judge if there is a lot of interest. Not as many members looking at BFT right now as we are in between open water and ice fishing seasons. I'd love to come to the awards but I'm waiting on a few things to happen before I can decide either way. I know your time is limited but you might get a quicker response by contacting the contestants by PM or email.
I plan on watching this for few days and then I'll contact the prize winners if they don't respond... Thanks Jeff
16 Nov is good for me.  Will be just me, but plan to attend.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(11-03-2022, 06:38 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: 16 Nov is good for me.  Will be just me, but plan to attend.

Thanks Forest... will put you down... Jeff
been a while since we've gotten together. I'll be there. might have a grandson or two not sure on that yet
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Haven't contributed much to the catfish thing this year but I will be there...with my wife.
I already sent a PM to Jeff, but not available on the 16th. Putting on a wood turning demo for a youth group. Enjoy and will catch ya next year
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Im checking with my wife I'll let you know
Layton is close to home, but I just won't be off work in time to make it at 530.
Sorry it's taken us so long to get back to you, but Richard just had knee replacement on Tuesday, and things have been a little hectic around here.
We plan on attending the gathering. I'm hopeful that by then Richard will be mobile enough to get out.
530 will be close as my kidd doesn't get out of school until 3:05 by the time he gets out and I get up there I may make a5:30 start time but my wife give me the go ahead. As far as number of us this year it could just be Devon and me. But he is trying to see if his girlfriend will go, so that may be 3 off us. Dellon may come that's 4. And my 2 youngest I haven't talked to so that could be 6. I would just say 4 give or take 2. Sorry with kids going on 10 directions Im trying to corral them lol
Sorry everyone been taking a long weekend away from the computer, sounds like things look a lot more positive for the 16th so let's plan on doing it.. For those that can't make it at 5:30 we typically eat and then later on do the awards, if you're going to be there within a half hour I'd still plan on it if you want to join us, it's not that formal so you can drop in when you can... We are usually there for an hour and a half or so... I'll get a venue lined up today hopefully... and let everyone know... Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and again you don't have to be a catfish contest participant to join the get together, it's for all BFT that would like to come visit with other BFT'ers and tell a few stories and share some secrets, or not... After the coming cool weather week we might be talking first ice trips.... or for Shawn forth or fifth trips... More later... Jeff
(11-07-2022, 12:56 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sorry everyone been taking a long weekend away from the computer, sounds like things look a lot more positive for the 16th so let's plan on doing it.. For those that can't make it at 5:30 we typically eat and then later on do the awards, if you're going to be there within a half hour I'd still plan on it if you want to join us, it's not that formal so you can drop in when you can... We are usually there for an hour and a half or so... I'll get a venue lined up today hopefully... and let everyone know... Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and again you don't have to be a catfish contest participant to join the get together, it's for all BFT that would like to come visit with other BFT'ers and tell a few stories and share some secrets, or not... After the coming cool weather week we might be talking first ice trips.... or for Shawn forth or fifth trips... More later... Jeff

Are you thinking Holy Smokes ? or some place new.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
(11-07-2022, 04:34 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 12:56 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sorry everyone been taking a long weekend away from the computer, sounds like things look a lot more positive for the 16th so let's plan on doing it.. For those that can't make it at 5:30 we typically eat and then later on do the awards, if you're going to be there within a half hour I'd still plan on it if you want to join us, it's not that formal so you can drop in when you can... We are usually there for an hour and a half or so... I'll get a venue lined up today hopefully... and let everyone know... Looking forward to meeting up with everyone and again you don't have to be a catfish contest participant to join the get together, it's for all BFT that would like to come visit with other BFT'ers and tell a few stories and share some secrets, or not... After the coming cool weather week we might be talking first ice trips.... or for Shawn forth or fifth trips... More later... Jeff

Are you thinking Holy Smokes ? or some place new.

Found out Holy Smokes is moving to a new location and currently in the middle of the move and they won't be ready to go until after our get together.  They are moving to Roosters and so I checked with them and their menu is a little spendy like 14-$20 a plate, so I'm checking with my daughters boyfriend that is the chef at Sonora Grill in Ogden and he is getting me a price if we go there.. Sounds like over 20 people and they will have us order off the banquet menu, so he was getting me some prices... I'll try to get an update here soon... Sorry it's taking a little longer than I had hoped.. Jeff
(11-08-2022, 02:16 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Found out Holy Smokes is moving to a new location and currently in the middle of the move and they won't be ready to go until after our get together.  They are moving to Roosters and so I checked with them and their menu is a little spendy like 14-$20 a plate, so I'm checking with my daughters boyfriend that is the chef at Sonora Grill in Ogden and he is getting me a price if we go there.. Sounds like over 20 people and they will have us order off the banquet menu, so he was getting me some prices... I'll try to get an update here soon... Sorry it's taking a little longer than I had hoped.. Jeff

Bummer, love getting out there at Holy Smokes. Have you ever considered the Sizzler there in Layton, they have a room in the back for larger gatherings. Some of the folks from the South might not want to travel up to Ogden but I'm fine with it.
So it's the 16th not the 15th correct. I have to let my son know so he can get work off.
Sorry it's taken so long to get prices and all... But it looks like things are more expensive this year... I checked Sizzler their cheapest meal the hibachi chicken is $16.79 and as I remember they charge for about anything else you add to it... The price at Sonora grill that you can pick between a half dozen different choices of Mexican food, (On the banquet menu) that was really good last time I was there, plus you get chips and salsa and I'm not sure about a drink I'll have to check again... Anyway that price is $16 each... Let me know what you think, but we would get a separate room at Sonora, it is in Ogden off 21st South just a block or two south of the temple... Anyway let me know as soon as you can so I can lock in the venue... I recommend Sonora myself, but would like to know what you all think... Thanks Jeff

(11-10-2022, 09:03 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sorry it's taken so long to get prices and all... But it looks like things are more expensive this year... I checked Sizzler their cheapest meal the hibachi chicken is $16.79 and as I remember they charge for about anything else you add to it... The price at Sonora grill that you can pick between a half dozen different choices of Mexican food, (On the banquet menu) that was really good last time I was there, plus you get chips and salsa and I'm not sure about a drink I'll have to check again... Anyway that price is $16 each... Let me know what you think, but we would get a separate room at Sonora, it is in Ogden off 21st South just a block or two south of the temple... Anyway let me know as soon as you can so I can lock in the venue...  I recommend Sonora myself, but would like to know what you all think... Thanks Jeff

Oh PS... Roosters had one pizza at $14 everything else was 18 ish....