Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Recommendation on Where and What
Think I’m going to go for my annual Veterans Day Fishing trip tomorrow, but it’s been too long since I did anything but catfish so I’m looking for some tips. I usually go to Hyrum for this trip but my park pass just expired and I really don’t want to update till January and $15 for a day this time of year isn’t worth it , especially since it’s got to be a short trip till noon at best. I’d like to take my boat, but maybe I should try Newton from shore?  Cutler is an option but things really slow down for me this time of year, unless I could find some crappie, but that’s usually hard for me to do. I have an Idaho permit but with the short time it’s probably not worth the trip. What would you try?  How should I rig my poles, changing from bass and catfish to whatever I can find tomorrow. Thanks for the tips. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Mantua?
(11-11-2022, 12:50 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Mantua?

Good Idea, what do they charge to launch a boat this time of year?  Thanks Jeff
I think it's $5 yearlong.
Thanks Rocky, went to Cutler, good thing the cold killed my battery. So ran home and charged it and back at 9:15. Landed a 27.5” Channel, my best one this year. Using Pats whirly flig in orange tiger. Fun fight it hadn’t noticed the ice everywhere today I guess. We’ll hoping for more but at least I didn’t get skunked.