Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gettin the Ice itch
Just spent a couple weeks working up in Jackson hole and man it's getting cold up there. I know we have a while down here but just a fyi Blackfoot was capped as far as the eye could see and even alexander in soda springs was mostly capped. it's not much but it's enough to get me dusting off the ice gear and planning a few trips! we did get a free day the first week and threw some tubes and panther martins in the snake through the canyon caught a lot of 14-18" browns!
(11-13-2022, 09:26 PM)jeremy t Wrote: Just spent a couple weeks working up in Jackson hole and man it's getting cold up there. I know we have a while down here but just a fyi Blackfoot was capped as far as the eye could see and even alexander in soda springs was mostly capped. it's not much but it's enough to get me dusting off the ice gear and planning a few trips! we did get a free day the first week and threw some tubes and panther martins in the snake through the canyon caught a lot of 14-18" browns!

Thanks for the report and the info about Idaho, hardly ever get reports about the Snake river, sounds like a lot of fun catching those browns. Would you mind if I copy your report to the Idaho board? Also welcome to the site.
Curt, I think he is talking about the Snake below Jackson Hole. So Wyoming.
(11-13-2022, 10:25 PM)fast_randy Wrote: Curt, I think he is talking about the Snake below Jackson Hole. So Wyoming.

OK, that makes sense, not really familiar with that part of the Snake. What do you think about Blackfoot capping Randy?
Not to let too many cats out of the bag, but they might be fishing Henry's on 4" of clear ice...  Wish I had the time to run up this week... or next, but looks like maybe last week of November is my first chance... Should be thick enough to even hold me up by then... Have fun guys and stay safe....  I forgot to get back with Ron, but I think he is ready to announce the ice challenge for this year... coming soon... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(11-14-2022, 02:35 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Not to let too many cats out of the bag, but they might be fishing Henry's on 4" of clear ice...  Wish I had the time to run up this week... or next, but looks like maybe last week of November is my first chance... Should be thick enough to even hold me up by then... Have fun guys and stay safe....  I forgot to get back with Ron, but I think he is ready to announce the ice challenge for this year... coming soon... Later Jeff

Check out the Idaho board Jeff, Shawn and Randy fished it today.
(11-14-2022, 02:48 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 02:35 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Not to let too many cats out of the bag, but they might be fishing Henry's on 4" of clear ice...  Wish I had the time to run up this week... or next, but looks like maybe last week of November is my first chance... Should be thick enough to even hold me up by then... Have fun guys and stay safe....  I forgot to get back with Ron, but I think he is ready to announce the ice challenge for this year... coming soon... Later Jeff

Check out the Idaho board Jeff, Shawn and Randy fished it today.

Sweet, guess I didn't let the cats out of the bag then... I'll check it out... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I'd like to welcome jeremy t to our forum. And respond to your question Curt, about Blackfoot capping. After it snows, if you don't have a snowmobile, the only place to get on Blackfoot is at the campground by Dike lake. On the South side. We got a good snow storm last week so I think the whole North end and Dam area is snowed in already. Not sure though. But it does make me think of Chesterfield. I have fished it at first ice the last two years and caught nothing but big rainbow. 3 to 5 pounds.