Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard drive by, yes there was shooting!
Had to take the grandkids for a drive, really it was for me. I've been confined to the couch to long.
                  WARNING

might be upsetting to willard bay lovers..

Staring with the south marina.  River was empty, no water flowing. 

The docks are land locked..

The two blocks of CONCRETE  are exposed, it might be wise to remember this..

[Image: 20221123-113021.jpg]

[Image: 20221123-112246.jpg]

[Image: 20221123-112045.jpg]

The channel had thin ice.

[Image: 20221123-112110.jpg]

If you can handle more I'll go to the north marina. 

The center concrete is 4 feet in the water. Sides just boulders. 

[Image: 20221123-105353.jpg]

Lots of dead spinners.

[Image: 20221123-105436.jpg]

[Image: 20221123-105644.jpg]

[Image: 20221123-105556.jpg]
The last picture is for Pat there is some ice but still a little open water just for you.

[Image: 20221123-105340.jpg]
We may have fish able ice in a while but not yet.  Hope I didn't make you Sad...
Tanks.  Might just take advantage of that "window".  Glad you were able to get out...even if it weren't in the boat.  And even if no fishing tackle was involved.  Looking ahead to next year already.
I thought the dwr was going to do something with that concrete block in the south marina?
(11-26-2022, 10:42 PM)oldguy Wrote: I thought the dwr was going to do something with that concrete block in the south marina?

Might decorate it for Christmas?
At least they could lay it over, now its sticking up, bad news.
Has anyone reported hitting it?
I've hit one years ago. 
I did a drive by today and snapped a few shots to help others who can't drive by, in locating these hazards. The dock anchors would require equipment and planning to dig a 6x6 hole for them while accessible, but to remove the cement tires and the boulder could be done with a pickup and ropes. Seems like their ASAP response has changed to, If we get around to it, response. 
ps. No water coming in.

[Image: 20221127-094856-Copy.jpg]

[Image: 20221127-095020.jpg]

[Image: 20221127-095041.jpg]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
ASAP, might mean as soon as the water level drops to the point where they can drive in there with a backhoe, dig it up and place it at the proper angle. If GSL keeps pulling water out of Willard, with their pump, that could be before Winter is over. Hey Hue, did you by chance take those pics with your phone? If you did, you could text them to the Park manager, just to show him what we are talking about. I sent him the pic of the slab in the middle but those other pics might be helpful as well.
(11-27-2022, 09:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: ASAP, might mean as soon as the water level drops to the point where they can drive in there with a backhoe, dig it up and place it at the proper angle. If GSL keeps pulling water out of Willard, with their pump, that could be before Winter is over. Hey Hue, did you by chance take those pics with your phone? If you did, you could text them to the Park manager, just to show him what we are talking about. I sent him the pic of the slab in the middle but those other pics might be helpful as well.

Do you really think they care?
(11-27-2022, 11:10 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: ASAP, might mean as soon as the water level drops to the point where they can drive in there with a backhoe, dig it up and place it at the proper angle. If GSL keeps pulling water out of Willard, with their pump, that could be before Winter is over. Hey Hue, did you by chance take those pics with your phone? If you did, you could text them to the Park manager, just to show him what we are talking about. I sent him the pic of the slab in the middle but those other pics might be helpful as well.

Time will tell, if the water level continues to drop, I do think they will take action, if it goes up and covers those items, I'm not sure
(11-28-2022, 12:20 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 11:10 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:

Time will tell, if the water level continues to drop, I do think they will take action, if it goes up and covers those items, I'm not sure
First and formost I have a Fisherman also (Mainly at the gorge but still) 

I am an avid "power squadron" user of Wilard, (its 9 minutes from my driveway to S Marina)  I remember back in 2014 when it was low like this, there was a group called "friends of Willard Bay" who were fighting to help get more water into the bay from the aquafer and clean up some of these marinas.

Sadly it seems like we got some good water years right as they were getting traction then it all fell off again, till now.
I for one would love to see them take advantage of the low levels to clear out the marina, fix the hazards and extend the ramps (north marina would be a great time to add to atleast the sides to match the middle, as well as dig out the marina.  they charge more and more each year for us to use the place, but dont do anything to help keep us from chewing up props
Maybe someone could purpose it as a dedicated hunter project or does it have to be a hunting project?
Wednesday, I loaded up my waders and ropes planning for a Thursday try at pulling them out and up the ramp. That plan got interrupted by the replacement of my waterline to my house. I got out today and the volleyball posts are still there. They are well stuck to the bottom. The ramp had icy areas so there was no way for me to get close for an attempt. I think that right now a tractor and a good length of chain would be ideal.

[Image: IMG-2254.jpg]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Guys them blocks are the cable anchors for the docs, idont think I would be messing with them. Just saying they been there for years holding the docks in a straight line and allowing them to pull them in and out for high and low water.