Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowdog or not to Snowdog?
Me and a buddy just got these Tinger Dogs.  They do NOT come with an engine, but they are a cheaper option then a Snowdog if you are mechanically inclined.  Just pick the engine of your liking and bolt it in hook up a few cables and you are good to go.
[Image: 20221209-082846.jpg]
Where can you pick up a Tinger Dog?
(12-09-2022, 04:24 PM)DanzTuna Wrote: Where can you pick up a Tinger Dog?

Ordered them from Keno Tractor in Oregon took about a week to ship.  They have a deal on them if you buy 2 they are $1790 each shipping was around $400
(12-09-2022, 04:32 PM)RedNekFishR Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 04:24 PM)DanzTuna Wrote: Where can you pick up a Tinger Dog?

Ordered them from Keno Tractor in Oregon took about a week to ship.  They have a deal on them if you buy 2 they are $1790 each shipping was around $400

Do they ship them to you or do you have to drive up to Oregon to pick them up?
[quote pid="1139692" dateline="1670605211"]
[/quote]

They were shipped to a freight yard in West Valley and we picked them up from there.  They will ship right to your house but shipping is substantially more.
(12-09-2022, 05:08 PM)RedNekFishR Wrote: [quote pid="1139692" dateline="1670605211"]

They were shipped to a freight yard in West Valley and we picked them up from there.  They will ship right to your house but shipping is substantially more.
[/quote]

Well that's closer than Oregon.
Thanks- I will definitely check these out
I don't know how much Snowdogs weigh-- But I have been impressed with the few times I have seen them operate. If you decide to go with a snow machine I would consider a Ski Doo 600 Ace 4-stroke. They are used by rental companies In West Yellowstone/ Island Park . Not only because they are legal in Yellowstone , but also for their reliabilty , no smoke , and way better fuel economy. I have seen them with 14,000 miles and still going strong! They are heavy, however. They are also legal on Jackson Lake.
Are they made in Russia?
(12-11-2022, 02:20 AM)klam Wrote: Are they  made in Russia?

It looks like they might be made in Russia according to this link.
https://tingeratv.com/company/about-company/
(12-10-2022, 12:07 PM)glmill Wrote: I don't know how much Snowdogs weigh-- But I have been impressed with the few times I have seen them operate. If you decide to go with a snow machine I would consider a Ski Doo 600 Ace 4-stroke. They are used by rental companies In West Yellowstone/ Island Park . Not only because they are legal in Yellowstone , but also for their reliabilty , no smoke , and way better fuel economy. I have seen them with 14,000 miles and still going strong! They are heavy, however. They are also legal on Jackson Lake.
Snowmobiles are typically 600 plus pounds.  Snowdogs are typically 300 pounds plus/minus.  Cargo weight (you a/o your gear) will not add to the weight of the dog because it is pulled behind.  With a snowmobile you add at least your body weight to that of the machine causing a heavier footprint into the snow/slush.  Slush can be a problem for both, but easier to get out of with a dog IMHO.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(12-11-2022, 02:20 AM)klam Wrote: Are they  made in Russia?

I think are made in the Czech Republic.