Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glendale
Fished the east end of Glendale 11/29. 4-5" of ice. I was fishing in about 17' of water. I caught a bunch of rainbows one probably 19" a bunch of tiny perch and a 15" largemouth. Action was pretty decent. It was cold that day thank goodness for a heater buddy and a tent. Couldn't find the other panfish to save my life. I fished in 8' out to 17 and 17' was the most consistent. The edges were a little squishy but no problems once I was in the ice.
That don't sound like too bad of a day.
Sounds like some good catching and a nice mixed bag of fish, nice LM bass and bow. Were there many others out there fishing?
(12-01-2022, 03:30 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote: Fished the east end of Glendale 11/29. 4-5" of ice. I was fishing in about 17' of water. I caught a bunch of rainbows one probably 19" a bunch of tiny perch and a 15" largemouth. Action was pretty decent. It was cold that day thank goodness for a heater buddy and a tent. Couldn't find the other panfish to save my life. I fished in 8' out to 17 and 17' was the most consistent. The edges were a little squishy but no problems once I was in the ice.

Nice report, Fast Randy and I are planning on Twin Lakes Saturday morning with Hawkins as a back up but we may need to consider Glendale I have never been there. Are there any particularly good access points for Glendale?
There's only 2, one on the back side and one at the boat ramp.
(12-02-2022, 04:09 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Fast Randy and I are planning on Twin Lakes Saturday morning with Hawkins as a back up but we may need to consider Glendale I have never been there. Are there any particularly good access points for Glendale?

Good luck today guys, looking forward to your report.
(12-02-2022, 04:27 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: There's only 2, one on the back side and one at the boat ramp.

I used to fish Glendale all the time in the winter but only knew about the ramp. Where on the backside is the other one? Do you follow the road on the east end around and then get off on the corner of the road where it starts to turn north?  So many new homes down there, one doesnt know any more what you can or cant access the lake. The ramp always was in deep deep water and unless you had ability to walk a long way, it was hard to get many poles down. I never was able to walk very far due to health issues, but, when you got into the fish, you always had a great time. Reservoir should be starting to fill pretty soon so edges will start to really get soft unless you get a good plank to put from the bank out onto the ice. Glendale has always been a go to spot in late spring/summer for awesome panfishing but havent fished in a couple of years. Time to get back down and get some nice slabs Smile
I believe it's the next road up, you go up past the dump and then drop down to the lake, it comes out about in the middle of the lake.
(12-04-2022, 04:19 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: I believe it's the next road up, you go up past the dump and then drop down to the lake, it comes out about in the middle of the lake.

I just looked at Google earth, and wow, you should see the updated imagery. It has a pic just taken 12/22 with snow on the ground. Never seen one like it before. Anyhow, if you go up the Glendale highway past the reservoir to the first road that turns off the main highway across the Cub River, that road swings around the north side of the reservoir and turns and goes west until it hits a straight north turn in the road. That road is N 2200 E. Right where the road turns north, it is right next to the reservoir. Is this where your talking about? If you stay on N 2200 E, it will take you up to the Glendale Cemetery, but, a lot of new private homes are built on that side of the reservoir and if I remember right, you have to go through a lot of private property to get to the water unless you stop at this corner.  Just Confused and trying to figure it out.

Go to Google earth on your computer and do a Preston, Id search then find Glendale just to the NE of Preston and you get a great view of the entire lake right now.

Not sure, but, you might have luck also on X Hunt might be a good tool if you have it on your phone for down there also to get to that access point. Here is the coordinate of where the road turns north on the north side of the reservoir if you know how to use it - 42.13732, -111.79313
(12-02-2022, 04:09 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 03:30 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote: Fished the east end of Glendale 11/29. 4-5" of ice. I was fishing in about 17' of water. I caught a bunch of rainbows one probably 19" a bunch of tiny perch and a 15" largemouth. Action was pretty decent. It was cold that day thank goodness for a heater buddy and a tent. Couldn't find the other panfish to save my life. I fished in 8' out to 17 and 17' was the most consistent. The edges were a little squishy but no problems once I was in the ice.

Nice report, Fast Randy and I are planning on Twin Lakes Saturday morning with Hawkins as a back up but we may need to consider Glendale I have never been there. Are there any particularly good access points for Glendale?
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. Yes there is plenty of access points along the road.