Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything going on at utah lake?
Anyone have any reports from utah lake
Using the online camera, I have watched them catching white bass in the Provo Boat Harbor.
People are fishing off the docks at Provo. My brother caught four species one day a while back. I called the State Park and the guy said there's an inch or so of ice. If you go to the Utah Lake State Park website you can use several camera angles to check things out. Good luck and have fun.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yes, folks are fishing from the docks. I did catch bluegill, black crappie, white bass, and yellow perch there on 11/26. Here are my UL Provo Harbor observations:

- Bluegill (and green sunfish) generally in upper 1/4 of water column
- Black crappie generally in next lower 1/4 of water column
- White bass generally in lower 1/2 of water column
- Yellow perch generally right on the bottom

Other years, I have also caught largemouth bass in Provo Harbor. In recent years the occasional carp, catfish, or northern pike have been pulled through the lake in UL harbors by others.

I have fished Saratoga Harbor in the past. Recent reports indicate water is very shallow there, but I don't have a personal observation. I was at Lincoln Beach harbor in October and very shallow water there as well.

Good luck at UL!

jack of all tackle, master of none
I just looked on the cameras and about seventeen anglers are on the docks. It appears that there is some ice and some open water. The water level has risen a few percent lately. There's about six feet of water in the harbor. Pray for snow!
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(12-04-2022, 09:36 PM)catchinon Wrote: I just looked on the cameras and about seventeen anglers are on the docks. It appears that there is some ice and some open water. The water level has risen a few percent lately. There's about six feet of water in the harbor. Pray for snow!

That's one of the best pieces of info yet.  Last year I went to AF in early winter and couldn't find three feet of depth.
Looks like the interior harbor has completely capped. With the cold temps we are supposed to be getting late this week / early next, things should start heating up through the ice fairly soon.